Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shipping from LA to London?

Shipping from LA to London?

Old Sep 10th 2003, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

English Mummy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping from LA to London?

We have been plotting our return to UK for some time, and suddenly yesterday came the perfect job offer for my husband, so we're off on Friday 10th October, just month away. I need a good and reliable shipping company, who can also put our consignment into storage in London, until we find a place to live. I know Pickfords International do this, but I wanted to get a couple more quotes, Please let me have your ideas. Thanks, got to run and find a new home for Lily our seal point cat,
Old Sep 10th 2003, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

I've heard Allied are good. You are so lucky that your husband was able to get a job before moving back. I've heard that it is hard to do.

If you don't mind me asking what does he do? Did he go through an agency? Did he do telephone interviews or did he fly over to interview?

Congratualtions on moving back - which area will you be moving back to?
Old Sep 10th 2003, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

English Mummy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bromleygirl
I've heard Allied are good. You are so lucky that your husband was able to get a job before moving back. I've heard that it is hard to do.

If you don't mind me asking what does he do? Did he go through an agency? Did he do telephone interviews or did he fly over to interview?

Congratualtions on moving back - which area will you be moving back to?
Thanks for the tip, I need to getting moving and make all arrangements fast if we are all going to fly back together! My husband works in the movie business which is actually quite a small and tight network, so we have many contacts and ex co-workers in London, yes we are very lucky, and I feel so blessed to have the chance to raise my kids near my family. My husband interviewed on the phone and exchanged lots of emails etc. Hope it works out for you, I really think using all your contacts, family and friends is the way forward when planning a relocation. The old saying 'it's who you know not what you know' is sometimes very true. Good Luck with your plans. Oh, we are going back to Ealing, where my sister lives with her family. So long.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

We moved back to the UK from Oregon in 2001. On the way out to the US we used a company called Barretts moving and storage. We dealt with a guy called Tom pendleton, his email is [email protected] . I can't guarantee he is still there though. He was really helpful though, when we had a claim because our table broke he just apologised profusely and paid up without any hassle.

On the way back I think we used a company called Global? Anyway there contact in the UK is Euro USA. There telephone number is 01638 515335; web www.the-eurogroup.com; [email protected] , they maybe able to help. We actually moved back to the other end of the central line!

With regards to job offers, I managed to get some interviews with agencies lined up before hand and as a result managed to get a job within 2 weeks. The market was pretty good at that time. In fact some of agencies would phone me up at 2am not knowing the time difference between west coast USA and UK!

Anyway hope that helps and good luck with the move!!
Old Sep 12th 2003, 6:47 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
There are a lot of people in our town who move worldwide with corporate relocation. I often see huge lorries & trailers from a company called Atlas and I think they operate throughout the US:

http://www.atlasintl.com

Hope this helps!

PS. Allied unpacked our stuff when the container arrived at this end (USA) and they were dreadful!!!