Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shipping costs Canada to UK

Shipping costs Canada to UK

Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

ramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really nice
Default Re: Returning to UK from Canada (Shipping)

Originally Posted by manghams
We used Tippet Richardson, 20 ft container $3,300.00 including insurance.
Woh that is a fabulous price. I will be sure to hold onto this info.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Frozenrose is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Tippet and richardson about 6 years ago and most of my belongings were not packed and were broken. Dont want to be a debbie-downer but wanted to give you the heads up.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

lalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nice
Default Shipping costs Canada to UK

Hi there everyone.
Do anybody have any ideas of shipping costs from canada to u.k whats the cheapest and best all inclusive, Most electrical will go and probably half the home, so whats to take, mostly personal stuff (my junk) thats precious to me! and some pieces of the home big and small, Is there a minimum size for a container like 20ft and is it better to have packers come in and we help, i need to know how its all going to work, and i wondered can you pack a plastic 'container into a packing box' for delicate stuff would that be allowed to ship, also anyone have any idea how much it costs to take 2 dogs not small ?
appreciate input Tanks Guys
Lalalalal
x
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:26 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping costs u.k

Originally Posted by lalaloubell
Hi there everyone.
Do anybody have any ideas of shipping costs from canada to u.k whats the cheapest and best all inclusive, Most electrical will go and probably half the home, so whats to take, mostly personal stuff (my junk) thats precious to me! and some pieces of the home big and small, Is there a minimum size for a container like 20ft and is it better to have packers come in and we help, i need to know how its all going to work, and i wondered can you pack a plastic 'container into a packing box' for delicate stuff would that be allowed to ship, also anyone have any idea how much it costs to take 2 dogs not small ?
appreciate input Tanks Guys
Lalalalal
x
20ft container about $10,000 door to door. Each dog, depends on weight including the Sky crate. If the crate + dog is over 70lbs, you will be kissing good bye to about $2500 per dog. If the combined weight is less than 70lbs, as of May 1st Air Canada have to take them on as checked baggage in the hold again, which is much cheaper. I have expensive stuff packed for insurance purposes, and less expensive bits I pack, and provide an open box to the shippers to verify the itinerary. Williams Moving and Storage have so far been the best I have used in my various moves.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

tajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant future

Hi

It's costing us $8900 plus insurance to ship furniture door to door from Saskatoon to Carlisle in a 20ft container. We are using Tippet Richardson. They come in one day and pack and wrap everything. The next day the container pulls up outside the house and they load it up. Been told it takes 4/6 weeks for it to arrive in UK.
I'm also taking 2 shih tzu's back. They are costing $2500 to fly back with Air Canada, using the services of Boomerang Pet Carriers.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone who's interested I just got a quote from MI Group for Shipping from Toronto to Northern Ireland $8,300.00. They came and did the in home survey a few days ago and I was very impressed with their customer service. Also they will come and move stuff from our basement and put it in storage until we get the house sold.

I'm waiting for Tippet-Richardson to send their quote but I haven't been impressed with their service so far.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

lalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nice

Originally Posted by dingbat
20ft container about $10,000 door to door. Each dog, depends on weight including the Sky crate. If the crate + dog is over 70lbs, you will be kissing good bye to about $2500 per dog. If the combined weight is less than 70lbs, as of May 1st Air Canada have to take them on as checked baggage in the hold again, which is much cheaper. I have expensive stuff packed for insurance purposes, and less expensive bits I pack, and provide an open box to the shippers to verify the itinerary. Williams Moving and Storage have so far been the best I have used in my various moves.
Thanks for the info, we are talking deff $10,000 for shipping and nothing smaller than 20ft i dont intent to take all my home just personal belongings and the dogs.
Appreciate thanks
LlaalLALA
Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Wow it all sounds so expensive, specially when 'your not really planning to take the whole home, i just want to take personal belongings small things' though i must admit it may start off rather small, The best option is on the 20ft, did any of you have or heard of any damages after arrival. when i shipped my home 10 years ago over to canada' half of it was broken up,thank goodness we took out the extra insurance, i have heard quotes on the forums here being a bit cheaper, so i guess its best to shop around, i have a couple of names to bear in mind. It seems like its going to cost a lot more than i thought, i mean the dogs bowwowowbow well i just can not leave them behind
Thanks for all info guys i have way more incentive since joining up more get up and go and know that i am not alone lots of people i have realised now are struggling to get back, i was miserable thinking im the part pooper for not adjusting here
Lalalalalal
Old Apr 18th 2008, 3:30 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lalaloubell
Wow it all sounds so expensive, specially when 'your not really planning to take the whole home, i just want to take personal belongings small things' though i must admit it may start off rather small, The best option is on the 20ft, did any of you have or heard of any damages after arrival. when i shipped my home 10 years ago over to canada' half of it was broken up,thank goodness we took out the extra insurance, i have heard quotes on the forums here being a bit cheaper, so i guess its best to shop around, i have a couple of names to bear in mind. It seems like its going to cost a lot more than i thought, i mean the dogs bowwowowbow well i just can not leave them behind
Thanks for all info guys i have way more incentive since joining up more get up and go and know that i am not alone lots of people i have realised now are struggling to get back, i was miserable thinking im the part pooper for not adjusting here
Lalalalalal
I wish you well. My plans to return are failing, basically due to the terrible salaries on offer in my field. We simply cannot afford to live on less than I get now, which is less than I earned in the UK twelve years ago, believe it or not. We will never be able to buy a home. I am now in the same boat as most immigrants, employers want recent [UK] experience to get the higher paid positions, even though they admit that my training is light years ahead of what they can offer. It feels like the gates have been padlocked on my personal prison.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you well. My plans to return are failing, basically due to the terrible salaries on offer in my field. We simply cannot afford to live on less than I get now, which is less than I earned in the UK twelve years ago, believe it or not. We will never be able to buy a home. I am now in the same boat as most immigrants, employers want recent [UK] experience to get the higher paid positions, even though they admit that my training is light years ahead of what they can offer. It feels like the gates have been padlocked on my personal prison.
Are you taking into account tax credits when working out your income? Have you thought about Scotland as the housing is cheaper here??
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:38 pm
Cynically amused.

Originally Posted by G586
Are you taking into account tax credits when working out your income? Have you thought about Scotland as the housing is cheaper here??
I used a benefit website to see if I actually qualified for tax credits (five kids) and it said that I did. Even with that factored in, the cost of daycare for three (one full time, two after school) would be prohibitive. I can't figure out if I'd get any credit for the daycare costs. Scotland - yes, OH would be in heaven. He's from Irvine. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

I used a benefit website to see if I actually qualified for tax credits (five kids) and it said that I did. Even with that factored in, the cost of daycare for three (one full time, two after school) would be prohibitive. I can't figure out if I'd get any credit for the daycare costs. Scotland - yes, OH would be in heaven. He's from Irvine. Thanks for the suggestion.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/...are/DG_4016029

I'm no expert but my sister was saying in some ways they would get more help if they employed a nanny as that cost comes under things they can claim better than a nursery.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
For anyone who's interested I just got a quote from MI Group for Shipping from Toronto to Northern Ireland $8,300.00. They came and did the in home survey a few days ago and I was very impressed with their customer service. Also they will come and move stuff from our basement and put it in storage until we get the house sold.

I'm waiting for Tippet-Richardson to send their quote but I haven't been impressed with their service so far.
Just to update I got the quote from Tippet today and it was $7,600.00 so I asked MI if they could match it and to my surprise they did. So we'll be using MI
Old May 16th 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Default Returning to u.k

This will be my last summer here guys' I will be heading back i guess sometime in mid Sept, i was born and raised in Wales and i know at the moment its a drug infested place in some areas, but where i am movin near my family its hung on in there with its traditions and the community is still together' you may not be sick in your home for days and no one cares' if you have not been seen for a few days some one would make it they business to find out where you are (there is a lot to be said for nosyness) sometimes? I am returning becasue i miss my family traditions like all together for sunday lunch roast) and believe it or not there are thugs everywhere some who carry guns, so its just not in the u.k most places these days you would not wander around after dark. The world has become a cruel evil place to live.
But onto the brighter side im looking forward to fresh rain' green grass' and fresh country smells, i remember when i lived in u.k i awoke in the morning to the fresh smell of Cow pats' mmmmmm i wake here in the mornings and my mousth is like sandpaper/ my eyes are so dry they shut tight' and my body always feels chilled to the bone'
I am happy for the people who have moved here and adjusted well' but we can not all do it' like me i want to go back to family security' get togethers' and shoppin with my sisters all the little things that no one cares to involve you in here. It may not apply to all that live in Canada it could be the area you choose to live, i have lived in 3 places in Canada and have got the same vibes.
Happiness to the ones that Love it here
and Good Luck to the ones returning Home where the Heart is ?
Lalalloubell
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Shipping costs Canada to UK

Hi there Everyone
Okay so shipping costs, how do it work if you intend to pack it all up yourself, we are going to use mostly plastic containers and put fragiles into boxes then into a container; has anyone ever done that before and will there be a difference in price by doing it ourselves' we dont intent to take all household goods its mostly personals and some small pieces of furniture, i also wanted to know how it works if your thinking of taking back a trailer, we dont care to much about our car' but would like to take our trailer, can we put that in with our belonings like pack inside it and all around it' in the shipping container, or do that have to go seperate and do it take a lot longer at customs because your bringing 4 wheels' anyone have any thoughts, i would prefere to pack everything myself but if doing so are we still able to insure everything' also all containers will be marked with whats in them. oh well wish me luck you guys its a busy busy time i can not believe the junk i have accumalated'
Love to you all out there doing the best they can to move on
Llalalala
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.