Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Settlement Visa for spouse UK

Settlement Visa for spouse UK

Old Dec 24th 2008, 10:22 am
Just Joined

1Wolfman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Settlement Visa for spouse UK

Hi could anyone offer any advice/help for my situation.

I am a British man living in Dubai. I got married to an Iranian lady while working in Dubai. We have been together as a couple for 19 months and married for 3 months. If i have to leave and go back to the UK how can i take my wife with me? If i have to leave she will have no right to stay in Dubai as she is on spouse visa. I have a house in the UK to stay (Grandmothers house is empty and no rent to be paid) but i do not want to leave my wife while i look for a job. Her only option would be to go back to Iran and wait which she does not want to do, as we do not want to be separated.
We have savings in the amount of 7000 pounds at the moment and with selling our car and receiving security deposits and final salaries we should have approximately 14000 pounds to take back to the UK when we have to move.
With the global economy the way it is there is a chance I could lose my job here soon and then all the problems mentioned above come into play. Is there any possibility of getting this process moved along any quicker, I have heard it can take up to 12 weeks to apply for settlement Visa. If things go wrong here we will not have that long to play with as my resident visa cancellation means I would have to return to the UK almost immediately and I do not want to send my wife back to Iran to wait until something gets sorted out.
I would appreciate any help/advice you could give me in this matter and look forward to your response.

Last edited by Sue; Dec 29th 2008 at 6:01 pm. Reason: Moved from an old thread to a new one of its own.