Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Samsung TVs, will they work in the UK

Samsung TVs, will they work in the UK

Old Sep 1st 2015, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

oliverjude will become famous soon enougholiverjude will become famous soon enough
Default Samsung TVs, will they work in the UK

I have two Samsung TVs that I would like to take back to the UK (f7100 and C610) and will be using sky on one and a rouk on the other. I've read so many post that I'm now more confused than ever. I know I will need a step down converter for one TV, the other is dual Wattage and Voltage. My understanding is PAL won't cause a proplem if using Sky and HDMI cables. I'm I correct.

Last edited by oliverjude; Sep 1st 2015 at 8:14 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Samsung TVs, will they work in the UK

No PAL/NTSC shouldnt be an issue if you are just using HDMI cables. Ie plug sky box into tv via hdmi and roku into tv via hdmi
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Samsung TVs, will they work in the UK

My cheap 32" Vizio (bought at Sam's Club in the US) is dual voltage; I've used it with a Freeview box for >4 years now with no issues.

If I had to dump a TV, it would be the one that would need a step down converter; wouldn't hesitate to bring a dual voltage TV.