Rule Britannia !!!!

Old May 25th 2015, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rule Britannia !!!!

Still intend to sail on the Queen Mary some day! The 3 Queens arriving in Liverpool! "Spouse of a Scouse" you probably want to see this!!!

Cunard liners mark 175th anniversary in Liverpool - BBC News

Last edited by feelbritish; May 25th 2015 at 8:38 pm. Reason: spelling
Old May 25th 2015, 9:21 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rule Britannia !!!!

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Still intend to sail on the Queen Mary some day! The 3 Queens arriving in Liverpool! "Spouse of a Scouse" you probably want to see this!!!

brilliant isn't it

Three Queens in Liverpool 2015

me thinks spouseofascouse could sail the Queen Victoria from Perth to the UK at a cost for the 'Princess Grill or Balcony room of approx £16k/person one way
Old May 25th 2015, 9:30 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
brilliant isn't it

This isn't anything to do with the Irish referendum is it?
Old May 25th 2015, 11:25 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
This isn't anything to do with the Irish referendum is it?

or it could be a poker game
Old May 26th 2015, 9:41 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feelbritish

It's fantastic isn't it The scouse rellies have been sending us updates, photos etc - the buggers! We'll be there next week
Old May 26th 2015, 9:46 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

brilliant isn't it

me thinks spouseofascouse could sail the Queen Victoria from Perth to the UK at a cost for the 'Princess Grill or Balcony room of approx £16k/person one way
Oh boy, spouse of scouse would love that!
Old May 26th 2015, 11:31 am
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It's fantastic isn't it The scouse rellies have been sending us updates, photos etc - the buggers! We'll be there next week
have you sorted the purchase of a property then?
Old May 26th 2015, 11:51 am
Concierge

have you sorted the purchase of a property then?
No, that's what this trip is for. We have 7 weeks to buy a place - fingers crossed.

Then it's back to Australia, put our house here on the market, apply for my spouse visa, and hope that it all falls into place with the timing
Old May 26th 2015, 3:24 pm
Dichotomus tinker

No, that's what this trip is for. We have 7 weeks to buy a place - fingers crossed.

Then it's back to Australia, put our house here on the market, apply for my spouse visa, and hope that it all falls into place with the timing
good luck with it all & do let us know the outcome

BTW, the Perth to Southampton is less than I first saw

Its $14,000 (Dollars) per person, one way in the 'first class' Princess grill suite OZ to Southampton 32 days

Second class 'Balcony suite' for approx $6600/person one-way

You need to speak to scouse

Sample cruise

2015 Apr 02 Fremantle to Southampton - 32 days - Cunard - Queen Mary2 - 5 STAR - Cruising - Australian Travel Agents - Cruise Planet

http://www.cunard.com/cruise-ships/q...-grill-suites/

http://www.cunard.com/cruise-ships/q...annia-balcony/

Last edited by not2old; May 26th 2015 at 3:39 pm.
Old May 26th 2015, 3:34 pm
Concierge

good luck with it all & do let us know the outcome

BTW, the Perth to Southampton is less than I first saw

Its $14,000 (Dollars) per person, one way in the Princess grill suite OZ to Southampton 32 days

Sample cruise

2015 Apr 02 Fremantle to Southampton - 32 days - Cunard - Queen Mary2 - 5 STAR - Cruising - Australian Travel Agents - Cruise Planet

You need to speak to scouse
Thanks, no doubt I'll be on BE while I'm over there, babbling on about the great home hunt Prices haven't half gone up in Liverpool over the past 3 years, we've sent our nephew who's in the building game to view a few that look great on the net, and they're not worth the money.

We don't mind a 'doer upper', but the bones have to be good. I've found the rooms in new builds/modern houses to be poky, so prefer older homes.

We did think seriously about going over by ship, but we had our first cruise (just a short one) in January and although it was a great experience, we've both decided that we'd rather just get over there in 24 hours.

We do want to do a trans-Atlantic crossing on one of the Queens though!
Old May 26th 2015, 3:50 pm
Dichotomus tinker

We did think seriously about going over by ship, but we had our first cruise (just a short one) in January and although it was a great experience, we've both decided that we'd rather just get over there in 24 hours.

We do want to do a trans-Atlantic crossing on one of the Queens though!
I edited post #9 to show you its cheaper than you think - reconsider when you make the final move.

And on that final move, if you fly - will it be 'Business class' - reason I ask, is because a scouser (being the tightwad that they are) will try damn hard to get a free flight
Old May 26th 2015, 3:59 pm
Concierge

I edited post #9 to show you its cheaper than you think - reconsider when you make the final move.

And on that final move, if you fly - will it be 'Business class' - reason I ask, is because a scouser (being the tightwad that they are) will try damn hard to get a free flight
Hahaaaa, you couldn't be more wrong! Anything over 5 hours, he'll only fly business! Not bad for a scally from Bootle
Old May 27th 2015, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Our eldest went to see the Ships with his girlfriend and he says it was spectacular and that Liverpool put on a fab welcoming show, on the local news it had an Aussie couple saying it was the best welcome they had ever had when arriving in a Port. One of the ships is to be back again in July so it might not be as busy, we might go, we did see one of the Elizabeth's arrive in Perth, W.A and that was lovely to see, mind you if we have won last nights lottery (not checked our tickets yet) we might be actually on the ship when arriving in Liverpool lol.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Disenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond reputeDisenchanted has a reputation beyond repute

Spent three fantastic years at Riversdale College of Technology in Liverpool from 1974 to 1977 studying to be a Merchant Marine Radio Officer. Sadly the college has been demolished and flats now occupy the space. They were some of the best years of my life and on my most recent trip back I took my son up there and showed him the flat on Whitehedge Road I rented and we went to where the college once stood. I still remember my "scouse" college friends with much fondness and my introduction to "scouse stew" by the mother of one of my college mates. Such fun times.

I was hired by Cunard Line and worked for them for 3 years in cargo and 5 years in passenger, I worked on Cunard Princess, Cunard Countess and QE2 where I did the 1982 world cruise followed by a trip on her to The Falklands (South Georgia). I met my American wife when she sailed on the Cunard Princess in the Caribbean. Such amazing memories, I would have loved to have been there in Liverpool during that event. I remember being in class one day when suddenly somebody said "the Britannia is sailing up the Mersey", class stopped and we all crowded to the windows to watch her sail by.