Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

A Quick Question About Agencies/All in Services?

A Quick Question About Agencies/All in Services?

Old Sep 12th 2017, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

joeybricks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Quick Question About Agencies/All in Services?

Hi Guys!

I have a quick query for you guys, and believe you will be the experts to help me! I am trying to find out something for a family member who is quite elderly

Are there any kind of 'all in' agencies that facilitate moving back to the UK? I know I haven't specified a location I was just curious to see if these businesses exist, and to what extent.

Is there any that will literally take clients back to the UK, help them find a property and then ultimately help them move? Or any that will do part of this?

I have tried to google, but I can't think of what to search - and after hours have so far had no luck, so now have a slight feeling of doubt over whether they exist.

If anyone could post any links to companies that do any or all of the above I will be most grateful!

Thank you all so much in advance!
Old Sep 13th 2017, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Quick Question About Agencies/All in Services?

Originally Posted by joeybricks
Hi Guys!

I have a quick query for you guys, and believe you will be the experts to help me! I am trying to find out something for a family member who is quite elderly

Are there any kind of 'all in' agencies that facilitate moving back to the UK? I know I haven't specified a location I was just curious to see if these businesses exist, and to what extent.

Is there any that will literally take clients back to the UK, help them find a property and then ultimately help them move? Or any that will do part of this?

I have tried to google, but I can't think of what to search - and after hours have so far had no luck, so now have a slight feeling of doubt over whether they exist.

If anyone could post any links to companies that do any or all of the above I will be most grateful!

Thank you all so much in advance!
Yes, there are companies and individuals who offer relocation services and it’s called the relocation industry. I used to work in this industry. These range from arranging visas, goods removals, accommodation on arrival and a section called destination service providers (DSP), who do accompanied property searching and viewings with the client. Also schools searches and assisting in placing children there.
Mainly those staff relocating for international companies are looking for long term rental accommodation, initially they are put into serviced apartments for a month whilst they find a long term rental There is also an ‘orientation service,’ showing someone the area and where things are, and later signing up with GP etc.
Typically they are used by companies moving their staff to other countries so the costs depend on packages and how many levels / suppliers on the ground they work through. So for accommodation/property search itself there would be a daily rate which includes accompanied and driven viewings with the client, then negotiation of offer and terms on rentals. Therefore for an individual it is lower cost to find an individual DSP directly and book days with them.
There are also Property search agents aka ‘property finders’ who look for property to be purchased, ( not rented) via any estate agent and their own contacts as some properties are off market, view and create short lists and then show the client what is closest to their requirements, they then negotiate, follow up and chase solicitors for the purchase. That usually is a fee plus a percentage of purchase cost if a purchase is completed.
If you tell me more about what services the person may need and if they have identified an area yet in the UK they wish to move to I can see if I can point you in the right direction. There is a useful website for UK services here:

Assocation of Relocation Professionals
https://www.arp-relocation.com/
Old Sep 13th 2017, 1:15 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Quick Question About Agencies/All in Services?

I do this in Austin, TX. I work only with agencies ( big global mobility companies) but some destination service providers will work directly with you.

The best place to search is LinkedIn. Search for "destination services consultant/provider" and the name of the nearest city.

Personally, I would look for someone who has relocated internationally themselves, has lived in the area in which you are looking for at least 2/3 years and can provide references. They should be self-employed and registered with insurance in place. You need someone who knows their stuff and won't let you down....