Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Question about moving from Ontario, Canada to the UK

Question about moving from Ontario, Canada to the UK

Old Jul 16th 2017, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

lukesmith2 has a reputation beyond reputelukesmith2 has a reputation beyond reputelukesmith2 has a reputation beyond reputelukesmith2 has a reputation beyond reputelukesmith2 has a reputation beyond reputelukesmith2 has a reputation beyond reputelukesmith2 has a reputation beyond reputelukesmith2 has a reputation beyond reputelukesmith2 has a reputation beyond reputelukesmith2 has a reputation beyond reputelukesmith2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question about moving from Ontario, Canada to the UK

So I have a Ontario Drivers license which I got by transferring my British license. I also have a British license because I said I lost my license so I had an extra one just for proof when transferring my license back.

My question is when I reapply for my UK license back, because I've held a UK license since 2011, won't this say on my license? as it will be on record with DVLA?

or

will it say I have held it since the month I reapply to get it back?

This is important because my insurance will skyrocket if it says the latter and it shouldn't because technically I passed in 2011.
Old Jul 18th 2017, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about moving from Ontario, Canada to the UK

When you present the licence you received by saying you'd lost your previous GB licence (when actually you handed it it to get an Ontario licence) don't be surprised if there's a record that you swapped your licence and that the copy you hold is invalid: the authorities share that information.