Queens speech 2015

Old May 27th 2015, 11:04 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Queens speech 2015

what does it mean to you?

highlights

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-32898443

https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...ns-speech-2015

Last edited by not2old; May 27th 2015 at 12:48 pm. Reason: edited
Old May 27th 2015, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queens speech 2015

Originally Posted by not2old
What I particularly noticed is what was not in the Queens speech 2105.

Namely the election promise to withdraw from the European Convention on Human Rights (1950).
Hopefully they will renege on that promise.
Old May 27th 2015, 3:49 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
It's corrupt.

she didn't write any of that she's being told what to say... the queen needs to wake up get us out of EU and give Dave a beaten? lol
Old May 27th 2015, 4:58 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by holly_1948
What I particularly noticed is what was not in the Queens speech 2105.

Namely the election promise to withdraw from the European Convention on Human Rights (1950).
Hopefully they will renege on that promise.
if not in the EU, then its done & over. Or, maybe covered in this point of the Queens speech....

"My government will bring forward proposals for a British Bill of Rights"

Originally Posted by Vexcore
It's corrupt.

she didn't write any of that she's being told what to say... the queen needs to wake up get us out of EU and give Dave a beaten? lol
Moving forward, a quick devolution for Scotland, NI & Wales already started, quickly remove the Barnett formula funding, then let each whinge about themselves instead of Westminster. An early [promise] EU referendum vote - all done, all sorted by the end of 2016

Could this be moving towards a 'divide & rule' or 'divide and conquer'?

Does anyone believe that the SNP can stop the EU referendum vote?

Last edited by not2old; May 27th 2015 at 6:42 pm.
Old May 27th 2015, 5:34 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

True.... hopefully all this mess can be sorted out.. why the hell wait till 2017?

Get it done by 2016....

As for SNP, they will try there very best to stop it but will fail... they only got 56 seats cameron has 300+
Old May 27th 2015, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

aratan is an unknown quantity at this point

What jumped out at me was no mention of anything to do with addressing the housing crisis in the UK - both the lack of affordable houses to BUY, and the continuing total lack of regulation of the RENTAL market.

All we got was this ridiculous plan for housing association tenants to be given a right to buy, which is nonsensical for several reasons when it comes to addressing the chronic problems of housing in the UK.
Old May 27th 2015, 6:54 pm
Dichotomus tinker

you mean something like this

Britain’s housing crisis is a human disaster. Here are 10 ways to solve it | Society | The Guardian

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...housing-sector

is there something specific that you are looking not covered in todays Queens speech, as follows

My Lords and members of the House of Commons.

"My government will legislate in the interests of everyone in our country. It will adopt a one nation approach, helping working people get on, supporting aspiration, giving new opportunities to the most disadvantaged and bringing different parts of our country together.

My government will continue with its long-term plan to provide economic stability and security at every stage of life. They will continue the work of bringing the public finances under control and reducing the deficit, so Britain lives within its means. Measures will be introduced to raise the productive potential of the economy and increase living standards.

Legislation will be brought forward to help achieve full employment and provide more people with the security of a job. New duties will require my ministers to report annually on job creation and apprenticeships. Measures will also be introduced to reduce regulation on small businesses so they can create jobs.

Legislation will be brought forward to ensure people working 30 hours a week on the National Minimum Wage do not pay income tax, and to ensure there are no rises in Income Tax rates, Value Added Tax or National Insurance for the next 5 years.

Measures will be brought forward to help working people by greatly increasing the provision of free childcare.

Legislation will be introduced to support home ownership and give housing association tenants the chance to own their own home.

To give new opportunities to the most disadvantaged, my government will expand the Troubled Families programme and continue to reform welfare, with legislation encouraging employment by capping benefits and requiring young people to earn or learn.

Legislation will be brought forward to improve schools and give every child the best start in life, with new powers to take over failing and coasting schools and create more academies.

In England, my government will secure the future of the National Health Service by implementing the National Health Service’s own 5 year plan, by increasing the health budget, integrating healthcare and social care, and ensuring the National Health Service works on a 7 day basis. Measures will be introduced to improve access to general practitioners and to mental healthcare."
Old May 28th 2015, 9:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Just sounds like more of the same to me - rhetoric, empty words and "aren't we fabulous".
I'll tell you what I think of the speech in 3 years, when what was said can be measured against what was (or wasn't) achieved.
Old May 28th 2015, 10:21 pm
Dichotomus tinker

[QUOTE=spouse of scouse;11659593]Just sounds like more of the same to me - rhetoric, empty words and "aren't we fabulous".
I'll tell you what I think of the speech in 3 years, when what was said can be measured against what was (or wasn't) achieved.[/QUOTE]

simple isn't it -'A divided nation'

In 3 to 5 years, it will be the same old pointing the blame & the politicians walking away from it, with a 'it wasn't my fault'. Thank you very much nice fat pension, a book or two, a circuit of tours & speeches (cash in hand) or some consular post.

No matter which political party governs, its the 'same ole' till the next one through the door, it will continue to revolve
Old May 28th 2015, 11:37 pm
Looking Around~

No doubt Labour will win in 2020...
Old May 29th 2015, 12:14 am
Dichotomus tinker

No doubt Labour will win in 2020...
Makes you wonder doesn't it, whether Labour, the SNP, even the UKIP will be around 5 years from now, especially 'if' there is a devolved nation, together with what could likely be the UK is no longer in the EU.

Whatever happens, the toffs running government will always be toffs, basically self serving the 'whats in it for me' folks.
Old May 29th 2015, 12:37 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't in the Queen's speech but if the Tories manage to raise the inheritance tax threshold as promised in their manifesto then I'll be about £20,000 better off when the time comes. Should just about keep apace with the rise in house prices
Old May 29th 2015, 2:01 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It wasn't in the Queen's speech but if the Tories manage to raise the inheritance tax threshold as promised in their manifesto then I'll be about £20,000 better off when the time comes. Should just about keep apace with the rise in house prices
I think its a budget item outside the Queens speech. Lets see if it will be in the July budget.

As for the inheritance you mentioned, aren't you a lucky one

For today's rates as they stand now threshold of £325k, I suppose anyone having to pay £20k on a £375k asset and be left with £355k, I wouldn't be complaining too much.

I suppose if they lifted the threshold to £500k or even a £1 million, then OMG, what a lot of asset value or money one would get to inherit after paying £20k tax

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-2015-32271505

from the gov.uk website

"Inheritance Tax is paid if a person’s estate (their property, money and possessions) is worth more than £325,000 when they die. This is called the ‘Inheritance Tax threshold’.

Inheritance Tax rates

The rate of Inheritance Tax is 40% on anything above the threshold. The rate may be reduced to 36% if 10% or more of the estate is left to charity.

Who pays Inheritance Tax

Usually the ‘executor’ of the will or the ‘administrator’ of the estate pays Inheritance Tax using funds from the estate.

Last edited by not2old; May 29th 2015 at 2:16 pm.
Old May 29th 2015, 4:43 pm
Dichotomus tinker

is there a 'shakedown' coming, or is it about the EU membership money the UK gives to the EU pot that Merkel wants to hold onto?

Is Merkel playing poker, or simply dangling the carrot to Cameron do you think?

Down to the wire before Cameron calls the 'referendum' vote date, what compromise is Merkel likely to agree to?

Merkel not ruling out EU treaty change after Cameron talks - BBC News

"Angela Merkel has said she does not rule out future treaty changes in Europe and will be a "constructive partner" to the UK in getting reforms.

After talks with David Cameron, the German leader said her "clear-cut" view was that the UK should stay in the EU.

While there was already "common ground" across many areas, she said progress on welfare would be "more protracted".

The British prime minister said there was no "magic" solution to reform but "where there's a will there's a way".
Old May 29th 2015, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

It's corrupt.

Correct the Quenn did not write it. However she had to approve it first, before reading it to the public.

I will be voting, will you?
http://www.gov.uk/government/news/go...eferendum-bill

Last edited by themajor; May 29th 2015 at 5:42 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.