QM2 booked....again!

Old Nov 11th 2014, 3:41 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QM2 booked....again!

Originally Posted by not2old
of course one must add one of these to the 'bucket list' as a journey of a lifetime

Paris-Budapest-Bucharest-Istanbul
You've hit our bucket list right on the head, this is something we've talked about doing for a long time!

Unfortunately, Scouse went off the idea when I told him he had to 'dress' for dinner. He's not fancy, but he's cheap
Old Nov 11th 2014, 4:59 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You've hit our bucket list right on the head, this is something we've talked about doing for a long time!

Unfortunately, Scouse went off the idea when I told him he had to 'dress' for dinner. He's not fancy, but he's cheap
see its not that difficult is it the 'bucket list'

The train from Lime St to Euston, Eurostar train to Paris, overnight in Paris. The Orient Express Paris to Istanbul, overnight in Istanbul, then a flight from Istanbul to Perth. Couple of days in Perth visiting relatives & friends, then boarding the Queen something or Princess xxx at Perth to Southampton, total journey is approx (on the cheap) its doable for ~$40k+ per person. By the end of the 80 days around the world you'd need a holiday.....

Before one is a long time dead - the journey of a lifetime

Last edited by not2old; Nov 11th 2014 at 5:27 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 1:22 am
Just Joined

Brittwit is an unknown quantity at this point

We too are returning to the UK on the same voyage. 35 years in the USA and heading home.
See you in the Golden Lion
Old Nov 12th 2014, 2:20 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Was thinking that if (if if if if if) the insurance thing is over by March, when QM2 is in Perth, it would be nice to go that way for a holiday. But then, we'd be away for yonks and it's hard to get a house and dog sitter for that amount of time (we wouldn't put Murphy in a kennel).

Um, helloooooo
Old Nov 12th 2014, 2:25 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Um, helloooooo
Really?! I thought you mightn't be doing it any more because of some changes! Yay!!
Old Nov 12th 2014, 2:25 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by not2old
see its not that difficult is it the 'bucket list'

The train from Lime St to Euston, Eurostar train to Paris, overnight in Paris. The Orient Express Paris to Istanbul, overnight in Istanbul, then a flight from Istanbul to Perth. Couple of days in Perth visiting relatives & friends, then boarding the Queen something or Princess xxx at Perth to Southampton, total journey is approx (on the cheap) its doable for ~$40k+ per person. By the end of the 80 days around the world you'd need a holiday.....

Before one is a long time dead - the journey of a lifetime
Get thee behind me!
Old Nov 12th 2014, 2:27 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Really?! I thought you mightn't be doing it any more because of some changes! Yay!!
My daughter has said she would happily stay in my house when I'm not home, so it's not a problem.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Pffft, he can mind his own business, just book it

Nice to think about anyway!
Might just have to do that
Old Nov 13th 2014, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brittwit
We too are returning to the UK on the same voyage. 35 years in the USA and heading home.
See you in the Golden Lion
Really? Very cool!!! Pub quiz in the Golden Lion!!
Old Nov 13th 2014, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by britwhore
Really? Very cool!!! Pub quiz in the Golden Lion!!
Yes, the wife and I will be testing out all the various drinks on the ship

As long as there are no questions about the UK on the quiz. I have no idea anymore !!!!
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

So why the move? If you don't mind me asking!!

We moved back after 15 years in the US. Pop culture references were lost on us but after a year in the UK we were able to fill in the gaps I'm looking forward to going back. The panic move back to the US (after 18 months in the UK) has only solidified the fact that we want to live in the UK.....which is a lovely feeling!!
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:18 am
Just Joined

So why the move? If you don't mind me asking!!

We moved back after 15 years in the US. Pop culture references were lost on us but after a year in the UK we were able to fill in the gaps I'm looking forward to going back. The panic move back to the US (after 18 months in the UK) has only solidified the fact that we want to live in the UK.....which is a lovely feeling!!
We have visited every state in the USA and lived in 12 of them in the 35 years, I guess the short answer is that we have seen all there is to see and now that we have seen it all, we realize we really aren't happy here.

Realizing that the UK has changed much since those bygone days it really will be like visiting a new country for us.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well sadly it will be 3 dogs Had to say goodbye to our little girl this weekend. Heartbroken
Old Nov 18th 2014, 4:12 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: QM2 booked....again!

Well sadly it will be 3 dogs Had to say goodbye to our little girl this weekend. Heartbroken
Oh - I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending you a big ((((HUG))))

Would you like to tell us something about your dearly departed girl?
Old Nov 18th 2014, 5:09 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your news. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved dog. Take care.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.