QM2 booked....again!

Old Oct 21st 2014, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Junebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond reputeJunebug72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QM2 booked....again!

wow this sounds great please i know your all very busy, but can you tell me if you need to get the same paperwork filled in as you do if you fly as last yr we used a pet courier company to fly our boy and i couldn't deal with the stress of that again and if its less stress on him that would be great plus a little family vacation wouldn't be a bad thing
Old Oct 21st 2014, 4:16 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

is there a baggage/luggage limit, because we would want to have a couple of the old fashioned shipping trunks with us, or it would be 20 suitcases.

Is there a limit on the amount of luggage based on the type of suite that have on the QM2, or, is there (service) provision for larger contents that they could put in the 'cargo hold', if so- does anyone have an idea what the charges are?

Last edited by not2old; Oct 21st 2014 at 4:19 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
is there a baggage/luggage limit, because we would want to have a couple of the old fashioned shipping trunks with us, or it would be 20 suitcases.

Is there a limit on the amount of luggage based on the type of suite that have on the QM2, or, is there (service) provision for larger contents that they could put in the 'cargo hold', if so- does anyone have an idea what the charges are?
No limit on the number of items as long as it fits in your cabin. They say that individual items should not be more than 20kg, but I am not sure how strictly that is enforced as I think that a couple of our suitcases would have weighed a little more than 20kg.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/b...luggage_amount
Old Oct 21st 2014, 4:27 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

rebs @ post #33 .... thanks
Old Oct 21st 2014, 4:54 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

You need to get yourself
some of these some of these
Old Oct 21st 2014, 4:57 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Junebug - yes you still need to complete the pet paperwork unfortunately and get up to date rabies jabs & dewormed within the specified time.
It is a holiday too and a great way to leave New York to return home
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry chaps been busy with work!!

Yes it is the same paperwork for the dogs so still stressful but we have 4 fur children and I managed to deal with it without having to pay a carrier. I suggest if you have the time u should sail back - much less stress for u and the dog!! Plus a once in a lifetime vacation!! Although a twice in a lifetime one for me (whoops!!!)

I think a couple of our suitcases were over 20kg so we tipped our porter well and apologized profusely!!! you can fit a lot in those rooms though!
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britwhore
DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

Best to call or email the kennel department ([email protected]) and ask about spring 2016. The kennels book up 18 months to 2 years in advance. You can always reserve a kennel and then if you don't need it just let them know. You don't pay for the kennel until the sailing.
YES, YES!!! I think I want to - but whether the OH will is another matter. Will do some investigating. Will be coming up from Florida to NY so have to figure out that trip. Maybe rent a U-Haul and drive up. Lots to look at!
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

unique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I better start "Send the puppy home fund"
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
YES, YES!!! I think I want to - but whether the OH will is another matter. Will do some investigating. Will be coming up from Florida to NY so have to figure out that trip. Maybe rent a U-Haul and drive up. Lots to look at!
We'll be coming from LA so will rent an SUV for luggage and dogs! It's the best way to leave the US - a little road trip and then a luxury sailing!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by unique_boy
I guess I better start "Send the puppy home fund"
Absolutely!!! Make sure u book a kennel first so that you definitely have one! They book so far in advance.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

This is my preferred route for my return trip back to UK. But I used to get seasick on Lake Windermere boat outings! Also I cannot worry about it now as other things worrying me but took Laverne to vet today. The vet confirmed as his father had that she looks like she has some pitbull in her. will cross that bridge when I get to it. All the best Britwhore.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britwhore
We'll be coming from LA so will rent an SUV for luggage and dogs! It's the best way to leave the US - a little road trip and then a luxury sailing!!!
I'm getting more and more excited about the prospect! I have one question: is the cabin booked per person? We may be taking DD with us so just want to calculate the expenses.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 2:28 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Yes, our cabin prices were quoted on a per person basis.
I don't know how old your Dd is, but our kids really enjoyed the teen and tween activities on board. Our sailing was in August during school holidays, so there were a lot of school age children on board and our children made lots of friends.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 2:55 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: QM2 booked....again!

spent an hour or so looking at the QM2 website at the different suites/rooms & it seems too me - excluding the pet travel & amount of extra baggage on board - as a comparison to say a seat on a plane,

Inside room = economy isle seat

Ocean view - economy window seat

Balcony = economy with the extra leg room widow seat

Princess = Business class

Queen = First class

as priced accordingly ...

As far as the 'sign up for email alerts' - I think that is great & hopefully a bargain can be had. According to traveler reviews found on several websites, Cunard never sails across the pond with empty state rooms/suites, so maybe, that is why (similar to airlines) booking last minute could get you a bargain or not?

I'd be interested to know more about the value for money (two traveling) comparing the Balcony room versus the Princess rooms & whether the extra value in the having your own dining table & food quality variety is worth the extra $1000 or so per person?

Balcony or Princess?
Put it this way.....I reckon that even being in an inside cabin for a week must be even better than flying First Class on a plane - yes, even those private 'suites' on Singapore Airlines and Emirates lol! Think of all the delicious food you get to eat, entertainment.....and of course LEG space on the QM2....including those lovely beds!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.