Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Prince Philip's 85 Birthday

Prince Philip's 85 Birthday

Old Jun 11th 2006, 11:07 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince Philip's 85 Birthday

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My mum has always called him 'Nick the Greek'....don't know why Nick so don't ask.

I thought it was his wife's gran who used to nick things?
Old Jun 11th 2006, 11:34 pm
Guest21

HRH The Duke of Edinburgh was born on 10 June 1921 on Corfu. With his birth, he became the Prince of Greece and Denmark through his father, Prince Andrew. When he was just one, however, Andrew and his dad were kicked out of Greece.

Pity he didn't stay there

Old Jun 11th 2006, 11:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I thought it was his wife's gran who used to nick things?
Never knew that.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:35 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Never knew that.

There you go:

"Prior to receiving (Queen Mary) in their homes hosts would hide their prized possessions given her propensity for expecting pieces which she admired to be offered as gifts. When caught out hosts could expect a van to arrive from Buckingham Palace the next morning to collect the gifts.

• Was reputed to be a kleptomaniac, who would make hints about small pieces of silver and enamel, and if not presented with them as a gift would steal them!"

http://members.tripod.com/windsor_women/id25.htm

HTH!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:43 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

So what.....my mum's 86 next month.....thereagain she's not living on millions of pounds from British taxpayers.
You're just jealous
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:44 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sarah
Does anyone actually like Prince Philip?
Yes, I do.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
I like him. At least he isn't frightened to speak his mind.
Prefuckingcisely, well said that man.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
You're just jealous
Too bloody true....just imagine how much I'd inherit and all made possible by hard working British taxpayers.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by whiskers
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh was born on 10 June 1921 on Corfu. With his birth, he became the Prince of Greece and Denmark through his father, Prince Andrew. When he was just one, however, Andrew and his dad were kicked out of Greece.

Pity he didn't stay there
See, he's no different from the average Brit...I got kicked out of greece too ......on an 18 to 30 holiday nearly 20 years ago
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:51 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Can't stand the old goat, he is not worthy of the lovely Liz...

Also, he was a fanny rat when he was younger, he was engaged at the time to Liz.

My old Granny used to clean the place where he was staying when he spent time in the North East, said the place was always full of dirty women...
Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by deba34
My old Granny used to clean the place where he was staying when he spent time in the North East
Slumming it was he?

Originally Posted by deba34
place was always full of dirty women.
Like thats out of the ordinary.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:05 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Slumming it was he?

Like thats out of the ordinary.

Not exactly slumming it, he was staying in one of the poshest parts of Newcastle, and the totty were posh birds with no respect for themselves, dirty mares...
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:03 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Prefuckingcisely, well said that man.
Oh yes you must be so proud of this mans genius, he's not an embarrassing waste of skin at all....

"Aren't most of you descended from pirates?" (1994)
Said to an islander in the Cayman Islands.

"You look like you're ready for bed!"
Said to the President of Nigeria, who was dressed in traditional robes.

"If you stay here much longer you'll all get slitty eyed." (1986)
Said to British students in China.

"Bloody silly fool!" (1997)
Was referring to a Cambridge University car park attendant who failed to recognise him.

"Do you still throw spears at each other?" (2002)
To an Aboriginal man on Australia's Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park.

[To Lord Taylor of Warwick, who is black]: "And what exotic part of the world do you come from?"

[reply]: "I'm from Birmingham."
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:05 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I do.
Me too. The man's a fucking legend........
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:07 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
Me too. The man's a fucking legend........
Is he having a Kebab evening at the Palace? Throw a few plates in the fireplace, bottle of Ouzo and a knees up with Liz to 'Zorba the Greek'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.