Postcards from England

Old Oct 12th 2010, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Postcards from England

Thank you so much for your lovely comments

I am indeed a very enthusiastic person and I have enjoyed every minute of these wonderful "escapades" which I am sharing with you !

I really appreciate the fact that certain towns are bringing back memories to some of you so please do feel free to comment and share your memories or anecdotes with us along the way

Karim
Old Oct 12th 2010, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute

Vale of Evesham - Blossom Tour ( 21/04/10 )

As Engand was embracing Springtime with the first warm sunny days, I decided to tour the Vale of Evesham through the Blossom Trail and was I in for a lovely surprise

My first stop was in my favorite village of the Cotswolds, Broadway or the "Show Village of England" where I had a coffee and strolled through the streets filled with quaint little shops and Art galleries.

I then headed to the town of Evesham upon which I knew very little and I really enjoyed discovering its history and heritage at the Almonry Museum, then walked through the old town to the Church of All Saints and the beautiful Abbey Bell Tower which dominates a lovely park which strolls down to the river Avon.

I decided on a light spot of lunch and the weather was so fine that I embarked on a mini river trip that took me along the banks of the river on a old fashioned boat.

I then took the "Blossom Trail" from Evesham which is also famous for growing Asparagus, hence its very popular Asparagas Festival in May, through the Lenches with its beautiful villages ( Church Lench, Atch Lench, etc. ) until the lovely little town of Pershore which also hosts a popular Plum Festival in August.

The Evesham Vale was already famous for its orchards ( Apple, Pear, Cherry, Plum ) in Medieval times and is well worth a visit, especially at Springtime

The perfect ending to a perfect day was a visit to the Evesham Countrypark with its farmshops and fun narrow gauge railway

Here are a few pictures of my day in the Evesham Vale

Village of Broadway

Evesham - Abbey Bell Tower

Evesham - Church of All Saints in bloom !

Evesham - View of the River Avon in bloom !

Karim
Old Oct 12th 2010, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evesham - Afternoon River Trip on the River Avon

Evesham Country Park - Narrow Gauge Railway

Karim
Old Oct 12th 2010, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Birmingham Botanical Gardens (22/04/10 )

I discovered these gems of Botanical Gardens two years ago after attending a fair at the Birmingham NEC and was I in for a pleasant surprize

They are of course much smaller in scale and variety than places such as Kew Gardens, though 15 acres in size, but they are definitely well worth a visit especially at Springtime.

They are located in Edgbaston, a few miles away from Birmingham in a very leafy residential area.

They were created by leading Gardener J. C. Loudon and opened to the public in 1832.

At the time of my visit, the Botanical Gardens were holding a very interesting exhibition on the life and work of Charles Darwin.

Here are a few pictures of my visit this Spring to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens in bloom, to say the least

The Pleasure Gardens viewed from the Loudon Terrace

The Loudon Terrace viewed from the Pleasure Gardens

The Victorian Flight Houses in bloom !

Inside the Victorian Flight House

The Shrubbery in full bloom by the Japanese Garden's Pond !

Karim
Old Oct 12th 2010, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Here are a few pictures of my visit to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens this Spring ...

A beautiful Peacock which just happened to be passing by...

Fountain by the Pleasure Gardens

A Glorious "Piece of Sky"

A Cascading Pink Camelia

The Victorian Flight Houses in bloom !

Inside the Mediterranean Glass House

Inside the Victorian Flight Houses

Indoor Fountain in the Tropical Glass House

Karim
Old Oct 12th 2010, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Postcards from England

Really beautiful, the Birmingham Botanical Gardens are a real gem.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 1:10 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Lovely photo's, makes me even more homesick.

Stunning photo's of Bath, an area not far from my hometown of Bristol, and and an area I know well.
A lovely little cafe just round the corner from the picture with the bridge in back ground, also very close to the home of Bath RFC ( The Rec ) not a favorite ground if you follow Bristol RFC !

Thanks very much for sharing these pictures.
Also great shots of the Avon at Evesham, lovely spot.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 7:08 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by victorian67
Thank you so much for your lovely comments

I am indeed a very enthusiastic person and I have enjoyed every minute of these wonderful "escapades" which I am sharing with you !

I really appreciate the fact that certain towns are bringing back memories to some of you so please do feel free to comment and share your memories or anecdotes with us along the way

Karim
Karim, would you mind awfully if I used some of your photos to show Italian students other parts of our lovely UK that are never included in their text books? I promise I will not use any of the photos with people in them but only your architectural or pictoral photos.
Lorna
Old Oct 13th 2010, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you very much

I will be delighted for you to you use my pictures dear Lorna as the unique beauty of England deserves to be shared with others

Karim
Old Oct 13th 2010, 8:11 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by victorian67
Thank you very much

I will be delighted for you to you use my pictures dear Lorna as the unique beauty of England deserves to be shared with others

Karim
You are far too poetic but I thank you, and I will use some of your splendid photographs.

Lorna
Old Oct 15th 2010, 8:45 am
Just Joined

debbydebs is just really nicedebbydebs is just really nicedebbydebs is just really nicedebbydebs is just really nicedebbydebs is just really nicedebbydebs is just really nicedebbydebs is just really nicedebbydebs is just really nice

Thank you so much. Your photos really made my day and confirmed why I so much want to return
Old Oct 15th 2010, 11:53 am
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

Stunning pictures & words!

I used to live just outside Windsor so would love to read your views on the area & see the views again! There are so many places that deserve an appreciation like this.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you very much for your encouraging comments

Have a great week

Karim
Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Stratford upon Avon ( 27/05/10 )

I fell in love with this quintessential English town long before I first visited it and each new visit is a delight in itself

Shakespeare's birth town is attractive in all seasons and I love walking though the historic streets with their beautiful buildings and delightful shops, cafes and restaurants.

Over the years, Startford upon Avon has really succeeded in its gracious transformation and I love the visual presentation now available at the Shakespeare's Bitrthplace which really takes you back in times with a very effective introductory "3D" presentation.

After years of building works, the canal area is finally complete and I just loved the way the Garden Designers laid English mixed borders rather than simple flower beds in the areas surrounding the magnificent bronze statue of William Shakespeare by the canal and its boats as the effect is simply stunning and yet so refreshing.

I love Nature and outdoors so I could not resist re-visiting Anna Hattaway's Cottage in bloom and Mary Arden's Tudor Farm and spent a delightful afternoon there as the weather was just perfect.

I highly recommend the Tudor Festival which takes place in May at Mary Arden's Farm for its joyous mix of country scenes and period costumes !

Stratford upon Avon truly is a delight of a town, whatever the season

William Shakespeare's Bronze Statue by the Canal

Hamlet's Statue - To Be or Not to Be ?

The delightful newly designed River Avon Canal Area

Karim
Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

William Shakespeare's Birthplace in bloom

A Wall Tapestry of Wisteria in Bloom by Shakespeare's Birthplace

Anne Hattaways' Cottage in bloom !

Karim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.