Reload this Page >

Police Clearance Certificate from UK

Police Clearance Certificate from UK

Old Oct 9th 2004, 3:57 am
Just Joined

jpthakkar is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Police Clearance Certificate from UK

Hello,

I am Indian citizen. I have stayed in the UK for last 2 years and have recently back in india.

My question is I need to obtain Police Clearance Certificate from the UK. can anyone help me how can i obtain this ? and how long is the process ?

Appriciate any help.

Thanks
Old Oct 9th 2004, 8:58 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Clearance Certificate from UK

Originally Posted by jpthakkar
Hello,

I am Indian citizen. I have stayed in the UK for last 2 years and have recently back in india.

My question is I need to obtain Police Clearance Certificate from the UK. can anyone help me how can i obtain this ? and how long is the process ?

Appriciate any help.

Thanks
call or email the local police station to where you lived. i'm sure you will be able to apply on-line. they quote about 4-6 weeks ish.
Old Oct 9th 2004, 9:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Appriciate any help.

Thanks
http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/forms.htm

The form you require is 3019B
Old Oct 9th 2004, 12:32 pm
Taunton, Somerset to PA

mikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud of

Unfortunately the police form does require 2 proofs od identity, I had to take in my driving licence and passport for the officer at the front desk to check before they would accept the application, its all part of the data protection act, otherwise anybody could get information about another person.
Old Oct 9th 2004, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Minty will become famous soon enoughMinty will become famous soon enough

Hello,

Appriciate any help.

Thanks
I went into the local police station and obtained the form from the reception. Completed it, paid my £10, handed over two proofs of identity, waited about three weeks, and it came in the post!

Minty
Old Oct 9th 2004, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Appriciate any help.

Thanks
As you have recently returned to India (I presume that is where you are now), you should go and see the British Embassy/Consulate closest to you and they should be able to arrange a certificate
Old Oct 11th 2004, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

gdas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Appriciate any help.

Thanks
My wife lived in UK for a while - but now lives in India. Recently, we went through the process of obtaining a police certificate for her from there. Following is our understanding of the procedure.

Data about everyone living in UK is held in their Police National Computer (PNC) which I belive is in Scotland yard. The police certificate is issued from the Data Protection Unit there. However, one cannot apply for such a certificate directly to the Data Protection Unit in Scotlandyard. Instead, one has to apply to their local police authorities for such a certificate who in turn forward this application to Scotlandyard. Upon receipt of this forwarded application, Scotlandyard takes approximately 3 weeks (that's how long they took for my wife's application) to issue the certificate.

So, first you need to figure out your local police authority. Every local police authority has its own website. Following is the link to all police forces in UK.

http://www.police.uk/forces/forceslist.asp

Once you are in the appropriate website, you can look for the application form to obtain a Prosecution/Conviction History (another name for police certificate). In case you cannot locate the application form, they provide a contact telephone number and email id. You can write to them to send an application form to you. They are usually very prompt in their response.

So, there is not one generic application form to apply for a police certificate. It is dependent upon the location of your residence in the UK and every location has its own application form. For example -

The Met Police provides form 3019B which states that it is meant for people who live or have lived around London. So, a person living in, say Kent county cannot use this form. For someone living in Kent for example, must fill out form 2901A available from Kent Police authorities.

We did contact the UK embassy in Delhi to help us. Surprisingly, they did not know anything about it. So, do not even bother to contact the embassy.

Hope this is helpful to you. Good luck !!
Old Oct 12th 2004, 2:25 am
Taunton, Somerset to PA

mikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud of

This may also help you
http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/faq.htm
You can also call this number +44 20 7230 4143 and they can answer you questions on how to apply from outside the UK
Old Oct 12th 2004, 3:26 am
Just Joined

jpthakkar is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Police Clearance Certificate from UK

Thank you so much.. I really appriciate all of you for providing such a useful information.