British Expats

British Expats (http://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back to the UK (http://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter (http://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/police-caution-uk-spouse-visa-leave-enter-903463/)

Yukayuka Sep 18th 2017 7:40 am

Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter
 
Hi ive asked this question but im still confuse. 4 months ago i had a fight with my husband . Our neighbor called a police and told that my husband abusing me which is domestic violence police came.and they talk me and my husband in the street inside in a seperate police car. They recorded the conversation. Police ask me my date of birth nationality and full name. They asked me what happened same to my partner and we said we just had a misunderstanding. I said to the police that i just get offended on his words snd end up in arguments. There was no physicsl abuse. I didnt say thay my husband abusing me. When they asked me. I even said i love my husband. We just had a misunderstanding. The police let us go but they follow us on our way home and check inside our house and they took off. My question is. Is this is a caution or warning. Coz im worrying if i have to declare this in my application in flr in the future that i have caution. Which i dont remember signing anything or giving a letter. In the incident it looks like i am the victim of my husband. But its not true its just a misunderstanding as i said to the police. Im the one whos in the spouse visa .please help. Im so worried thank you. Idont know if i have a police caution or warning jn this incident.

moneypenny20 Sep 18th 2017 9:13 am

Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter
 
I've moved you to the Moving Back forum, more support from Brits with knowledge there. I have no clue, sorry.

mikelincs Sep 18th 2017 9:16 am

Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukayuka (Post 12340400)
Hi ive asked this question but im still confuse. 4 months ago i had a fight with my husband . Our neighbor called a police and told that my husband abusing me which is domestic violence police came.and they talk me and my husband in the street inside in a seperate police car. They recorded the conversation. Police ask me my date of birth nationality and full name. They asked me what happened same to my partner and we said we just had a misunderstanding. I said to the police that i just get offended on his words snd end up in arguments. There was no physicsl abuse. I didnt say thay my husband abusing me. When they asked me. I even said i love my husband. We just had a misunderstanding. The police let us go but they follow us on our way home and check inside our house and they took off. My question is. Is this is a caution or warning. Coz im worrying if i have to declare this in my application in flr in the future that i have caution. Which i dont remember signing anything or giving a letter. In the incident it looks like i am the victim of my husband. But its not true its just a misunderstanding as i said to the police. Im the one whos in the spouse visa .please help. Im so worried thank you. Idont know if i have a police caution or warning jn this incident.

If you had been given a caution, then you would have had to sign some sort of form and would have been given a copy. Sounds a bit like it was just them checking up. They seem to have taken no official action.

Yukayuka Sep 18th 2017 9:30 am

Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12340450)
If you had been given a caution, then you would have had to sign some sort of form and would have been given a copy. Sounds a bit like it was just them checking up. They seem to have taken no official action.

No i havent given anything and never sign anything. They just let us go and follow us on the way home check inside our house and took off. Never heard anything about them .its been 4 months now. I didnt say my husband abusing me when they are questioning me. I defended my husband. Coz it looks like in their questions i am a victim of domestic violence. But i said no we just had a misunderstanding and i get offended. Is this means i dont have to declare anything if i have neen question do i have a cauiton or warning .when i applied in my future spouse visa. Since that fight we never past the day without settling things up. Lesson learned.

Yukayuka Sep 18th 2017 9:41 am

Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12340449)
I've moved you to the Moving Back forum, more support from Brits with knowledge there. I have no clue, sorry.

Its ok moneypenny20. Thank you so much for your help. No need to say sorry.:)

Dorothy Sep 18th 2017 12:29 pm

Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukayuka (Post 12340455)
No i havent given anything and never sign anything. They just let us go and follow us on the way home check inside our house and took off. Never heard anything about them .its been 4 months now. I didnt say my husband abusing me when they are questioning me. I defended my husband. Coz it looks like in their questions i am a victim of domestic violence. But i said no we just had a misunderstanding and i get offended. Is this means i dont have to declare anything if i have neen question do i have a cauiton or warning .when i applied in my future spouse visa. Since that fight we never past the day without settling things up. Lesson learned.

No, you don't have to declare anything. You have not got a caution from this incident. You have nothing to worry about with this argument.

Yukayuka Sep 18th 2017 5:08 pm

Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 12340549)
No, you don't have to declare anything. You have not got a caution from this incident. You have nothing to worry about with this argument.

Thank you dorothy i can perpectly breath fine now. Lol. Been thinking about it since last night. Thank you so much.

Yukayuka Sep 18th 2017 5:11 pm

Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 12340549)
No, you don't have to declare anything. You have not got a caution from this incident. You have nothing to worry about with this argument.

Also is this means by recording the conversation when they are questioning me and my husband and asking my date of birth. Name and nationality is just normal? What is that for? Sorry for asking again and again

Dorothy Sep 18th 2017 10:14 pm

Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukayuka (Post 12340818)
Also is this means by recording the conversation when they are questioning me and my husband and asking my date of birth. Name and nationality is just normal? What is that for? Sorry for asking again and again

It's normal. Stop fretting about it.

quiltman Sep 19th 2017 12:32 am

Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukayuka (Post 12340818)
Also is this means by recording the conversation when they are questioning me and my husband and asking my date of birth. Name and nationality is just normal? What is that for? Sorry for asking again and again

As Dorothy says, it's normal. UK police are required to collect this type of information for the statistics in order to show that certain ethnic groups are not being disproportionately stopped. There were cases in the past where certain groups complained they were "always" being stopped and questioned and as at that time a stop was not required to record ethnicity, only when cautioned/arrested, it was not easy to deny/substantiate the claims , so eventually the rules were changed so that when anyone was stopped by the police this info is collected.

Yukayuka Sep 19th 2017 11:09 am

Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by quiltman (Post 12341070)
As Dorothy says, it's normal. UK police are required to collect this type of information for the statistics in order to show that certain ethnic groups are not being disproportionately stopped. There were cases in the past where certain groups complained they were "always" being stopped and questioned and as at that time a stop was not required to record ethnicity, only when cautioned/arrested, it was not easy to deny/substantiate the claims , so eventually the rules were changed so that when anyone was stopped by the police this info is collected.

Ok thank you guys for your help

scot47 Sep 19th 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter
 
It is "procedure" Like recording your occupation.

Yukayuka Sep 22nd 2017 9:26 pm

Re: Police Caution Uk spouse visa leave to enter
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12341875)
It is "procedure" Like recording your occupation.

So if i have been question if i have been caution or have warning. I will say no. :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:10 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com