Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Pet travel in cabin. Private jet share

Pet travel in cabin. Private jet share

Old Nov 21st 2014, 8:27 am
Just Joined

LadyR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pet travel in cabin. Private jet share

Hi, I'm looking for someone or some people who will like to share a private jet with me from Cyprus to UK. My dog is blind and do not want him traveling in the hold. Pls keep me posted if you are interested
Old Nov 21st 2014, 8:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet travel in cabin. Private jet share

If you use KLM you can fly from Cyprus to many airports in the UK (maybe via The Netherlands, didn't check) with a small dog either in Economy or Business Class. Obviously no idea what size dog you have but if KLM allow them, I should imagine others do as well.

http://www.klm.com/travel/au_en/prep...pets/index.htm

Last edited by moneypenny20; Nov 21st 2014 at 9:21 am.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Thanks ill check but he is 24 kilos
Old Nov 21st 2014, 9:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Could be worth seeing if he can have his own seat and so be allowed to be bigger???? If they can travel in the cabin anyway and you're prepared to pay for the seat. Do a bit of grovelling with a human.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 9:46 am
Just Joined

I don't mind the cost obviously I'm not rich but anything to be close to him so he doesn't get a panic attack. If you know something let me know cos I've looked everywhere
Old Nov 21st 2014, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
If you use KLM you can fly from Cyprus to many airports in the UK (maybe via The Netherlands, didn't check) with a small dog either in Economy or Business Class. Obviously no idea what size dog you have but if KLM allow them, I should imagine others do as well.

Travelling with pets - KLM.com
From your link

"To the United Kingdom (only possible via AIR FRANCE-KLM Cargo)"

Last edited by formula; Nov 21st 2014 at 1:54 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

In the cabin? He's 23 kilos .. and I already called air France. They have a limit to the weight. I wouldn't mind landing in France either if I could find a way
Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LadyR
In the cabin?
Animals need to be in the cargo hold, not in the cabin, to fly into the UK. There are exceptions for service dogs.

He's 23 kilos .. and I already called air France. They have a limit to the weight. I wouldn't mind landing in France either if I could find a way
Is he a good car traveller? If so, you could drive and enter the UK on either the Eurostar or ferry? Eurostar you would be in the car with him. With the ferries, usually animals remain in the car but the people can't.

Last edited by formula; Nov 21st 2014 at 3:30 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 4:07 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Seems there are two hurdles to the original plan:

Pets can't be flown into the UK in the cabin.

Also, pets can't be flown into the UK on an unauthorised route and carrier (which presumably includes a private jet flight).
Old Nov 21st 2014, 10:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi, I'm looking for someone or some people who will like to share a private jet with me from Cyprus to UK. My dog is blind and do not want him traveling in the hold. Pls keep me posted if you are interested
I can't help at all but this caught my eye as I think it just so lovely and caring.

We do so love our wonderful pets don't we.

I really hope you find a good solution...

and welcome to BE by the way.

I'm a bit of a softy for pet photos, so if you fancy to share a photo, I am happy to see.

...edit...

I found this list. May or may not be a help

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 21st 2014 at 10:58 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 11:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Just found this... Flying With Pets in the Cabin to the United Kingdom but you still have the weight issue. What about a cruise?
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

No cruise allow pets leaving from Cyprus unless they stay in their cage where the other live stock are kept. We could drive over the eurostar like you said so hopefully I can find a flight to France or Italy. Still high costing for private jet and still can't find airline accepting us to be close. I can't imagine him being in a cage for over 5 hours where I can't be with him. He's never been in a cage and he freaks out when he has to get in one. Imagine for five hours? He is old and blind and has anxiety and panics when he's alone I don't know what can happen if he's alone for hours on a moving plane
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

private jets have authorized carriers into the UK where they can fly in the cabin if you go on the defra site these are listed. Its the cost that's the issue so if I can find another two people to share it would be great
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Bevs:-) for your hospitality . The site is mostly flights within the USA and internationally have different rules for pets in cabin :'(.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 12:59 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

private jets have authorized carriers into the UK where they can fly in the cabin if you go on the defra site these are listed. Its the cost that's the issue so if I can find another two people to share it would be great
Really? If this is correct, it might be helpful to other people on this site - can you point me towards where exactly this is documented? The DEFRA site is rather large.

Usually, people access this part of the DEFRA site, and then scroll down to the link for the authorised carriers and routes here.

I don't see anything here that says a private jet can transport a dog into the UK. If you want people to join you in sharing the cost and they also want to bring in a dog, I am guessing they will want to be pretty sure this is definitely allowed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.