Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Passports - Citizenship Application

Passports - Citizenship Application

Old Jul 9th 2016, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Lub123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passports - Citizenship Application

I am making a British Citizenship application from Pakistan, I can't send my original passports along because Pakistani law doesn't allow sending passports in the mail. Can I send certified copies along with a cover letter explaining my situation? Or will be application be out right rejected? I would also mention in the cover letter that I am willing to submit my passports to the British embassy in Pakistan and they could perhaps get it sent to UK from there.
Old Jul 9th 2016, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passports - Citizenship Application

Originally Posted by Lub123
I am making a British Citizenship application from Pakistan, I can't send my original passports along because Pakistani law doesn't allow sending passports in the mail. Can I send certified copies along with a cover letter explaining my situation? Or will be application be out right rejected? I would also mention in the cover letter that I am willing to submit my passports to the British embassy in Pakistan and they could perhaps get it sent to UK from there.
What about DHL/Fedex. They are couriers not mail (as in post). You can also buy a return service.

I am pretty sure you will need to send it in with the application direct.
Old Jul 9th 2016, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by angie_329
What about DHL/Fedex. They are couriers not mail (as in post). You can also buy a return service.

I am pretty sure you will need to send it in with the application direct.
Went to them. They refused to courier it. Basically it can't be sent out of the country in any way possible.

Since it's illegal in Pakistan won't the Home Office make an exception?
Old Jul 9th 2016, 11:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Are you making an application for British citizenship or applying for a British passport?
Old Jul 10th 2016, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Are you making an application for British citizenship or applying for a British passport?
Application for citizenship
Old Jul 10th 2016, 10:06 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lub123
Application for citizenship
Which form are you using?
Old Jul 14th 2016, 8:38 am
Just Joined

T form
Old Jul 14th 2016, 7:39 pm

From Guide T:

Documents
Please send evidence: that you were/your child was born in the United Kingdom on or
after 1 January 1983. Please submit:
- your/your child’s full United Kingdom birth certificate (showing the parents’ details
of your/your child’s
- residence in the United Kingdom for the first 10 years of your/his/her life
- your/your child’s passport(s) which cover the 10 year period. As the passport(s)
may not be enough to show residence in the United Kingdom throughout the 10 year period, you should send as much as you can of the following:
o letters from schools or other educational establishments which
you/your child attended during that period
o medical records (child health book, summary of appointments from
your/your child’s GP, nursery records) particularly where these assist in
demonstrating residence in the years before attending school
o Any other documents showing that you/your child lived in the United
Kingdom for the first 10 years of your/his/her life.
You only need to send in your old passports that cover your first ten years. Do you still have those?