Passport Application from Nigeria

Old Oct 20th 2017, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

LolaNaija is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport Application from Nigeria

Hi Guys,
New here, please be easy with me😄. I have 2 questions:
1. I have just applied for my First British Adult Passport from Nigeria(citizenship through naturalization) I know the website states at least 14weeks to process(sigh) but has anyone ever received passport earlier?

2. My daughters british passports need to be renewed. Can I as their mother renew their passports from within the UK whilst they are in Nigeria? i.e renew within UK as opposed to an overseas application or do they need to be in the UK at the time of renewal?

Any advise will be appreciated. Thank you.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 11:50 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Application from Nigeria

1. I would count on 6-12 months. If you get your passport sooner then that would be a bonus.

2. Your children should be in the UK as well. Their renewals are likely to be processed quicker than your first time application if applying from Nigeria.
Old Oct 21st 2017, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the reply.
6-12 months is such a long time...

I guess I will have to renew the children's from Nigeria as well because the passports have already expired.

Thanks again
Old Nov 28th 2017, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LolaNaija
Thank you for the reply.
6-12 months is such a long time...

I guess I will have to renew the children's from Nigeria as well because the passports have already expired.

Thanks again

Just an update on my application for my first adult passport (Naturalisation, naturalised on 2012, but foolishly didn't apply for passport before moving back to Nigeria)from Nigeria:

Date Application received in Durham- 17th Oct 2017
Date of Interview in Lagos, Nigeria- 27th November 2017

Does this mean passport will arrive soon? Can anyone advise how soon after interview I can expect to receive passport?

Thanks
Old Nov 28th 2017, 8:02 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update on my application for my first adult passport (Naturalisation, naturalised on 2012, but foolishly didn't apply for passport before moving back to Nigeria)from Nigeria:

Date Application received in Durham- 17th Oct 2017
Date of Interview in Lagos, Nigeria- 27th November 2017

Does this mean passport will arrive soon? Can anyone advise how soon after interview I can expect to receive passport?

Thanks
Things appear to be moving quickly. Being a British citizen by naturalisation rather than by descent appears to be in your favour. Hopefully you won't be waiting much longer.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Things appear to be moving quickly. Being a British citizen by naturalisation rather than by descent appears to be in your favour. Hopefully you won't be waiting much longer.
Thanks BritInParis, always helpful. Will keep the forum updated👍
Old Jan 12th 2018, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

So I thought to give a final update on my application.

I applied for a first time Adult Passport from Nigeria. I naturalised in 2012 but left for Nigeria without getting passport.

Application received in Durham: 17th October

Date of Interview: 27th Nov

Date supporting documents received: 26th December

Date British Passport received: 27th December

The Passport Office advise that applications from Nigeria can take at least 14weeks.

My application took 10 weeks in total.

Thanks Brit in Paris...
Old Jan 13th 2018, 12:24 am

No worries. Did you apply to renew your daughters' passports? If so, how are they progressing?
Old Mar 19th 2018, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
No worries. Did you apply to renew your daughters' passports? If so, how are they progressing?
So sorry I'm only replying. So I moved back to the UK first and applied to renew my girls' passports as overseas renewals as they're still in Nigeria. The website said it should take up to 8 weeks. Well it took 1 week in total. I posted the application on a Monday, passports were printed on the Wednesday and were back with them in Nigeria the following Monday. I was amazed at the speed.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 4:03 pm

So sorry I'm only replying. So I moved back to the UK first and applied to renew my girls' passports as overseas renewals as they're still in Nigeria. The website said it should take up to 8 weeks. Well it took 1 week in total. I posted the application on a Monday, passports were printed on the Wednesday and were back with them in Nigeria the following Monday. I was amazed at the speed.
Glad to hear it!
Old Nov 6th 2018, 8:19 am
Banned

Ebukun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guyz,

Similar to her situation, my mother happened to apply for her first time British passport (she was born in the UK) but applied from Nigeria and she did her passport interview last week Wednesday.

I would like to know how long it could take for it to be issued and sent and also if all her children could automatically get British Citizenships through her.

Thanks
Old Nov 6th 2018, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Ebukun
Hi guyz,

Similar to her situation, my mother happened to apply for her first time British passport (she was born in the UK) but applied from Nigeria and she did her passport interview last week Wednesday.

I would like to know how long it could take for it to be issued and sent and also if all her children could automatically get British Citizenships through her.

Thanks
Everyone’s timeline will differ depending on their circumstances but the interview tends to be towards the end of the process. If your mother was born in the UK before 1983 then her children would automatically be British citizens and eligible for British passports.
Old Nov 6th 2018, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Ibukun is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for your response and yes she was born after before that time

And do we the children need to wait till she gets her British passport before we could apply for ours?

thanks
Old Nov 6th 2018, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Ibukun
Thank you so much for your response and yes she was born after before that time

And do we the children need to wait till she gets her British passport before we could apply for ours?

thanks
Technically no, but it would be better to wait so you can add her British passport number to your application form. Also unless you multiple official copies of her full British birth certificate then you’ll need to wait to get that back.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Ibukun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Today I got a message from DHL saying they have gotten my mothers passport and we should get it in 7 days

Thanks so much for your help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.