Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Off Topic Political Posts moved from "Default Moving back to the UK checklist" thread

Off Topic Political Posts moved from "Default Moving back to the UK checklist" thread

Old Aug 12th 2016, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

kyle.mc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Off Topic Political Posts moved from "Default Moving back to the UK checklist" thread

When Obama was elected it stopped happening so much, but with the rise of Trump all bets are now off...[/QUOTE]

I think there are bigger problems than anti-US sentiment if Trump wins the election, haha. I say World War III is a possibility. that it's Clinton so as to avoid the inevitable train wreck of his victory.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Freshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to the UK checklist

Originally Posted by kyle.mc
When Obama was elected it stopped happening so much, but with the rise of Trump all bets are now off..

I think there are bigger problems than anti-US sentiment if Trump wins the election, haha. I say World War III is a possibility. that it's Clinton so as to avoid the inevitable train wreck of his victory.
Oh god yes, that man with access to the second largest arsenal of nuclear weapons scares the crap out of me.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Freshwhyte
Oh god yes, that man with access to the second largest arsenal of nuclear weapons scares the crap out of me.
Not to worry , by all indications Trump will lose. And even if he did, all these scare tactics from his opponents don't indicate anything to me that he would be more likely to use nuclear weapons than Clinton. Trump has already shown he wishes to improve relations with Russia. As far as China concerned they need the US market, US needs them to buy US government bonds. All Trump would need to do is to score a few points on trade concessions.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

WW3 started a while back. Trump will press the final button.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 9:39 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
Not to worry , by all indications Trump will lose. And even if he did, all these scare tactics from his opponents don't indicate anything to me that he would be more likely to use nuclear weapons than Clinton.
Except, perhaps that he's insane.

Trump has already shown he wishes to improve relations with Russian oligarchs.
FTFY.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

kyle.mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Except, perhaps that he's insane.

FTFY.
I'm pretty sure I read that he only wants to improve relations with Russia becuase Putin expressed support for Trump, which he did because Trump is ridiculous and could be a useful puppet for the Russian government.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kyle.mc
I'm pretty sure I read that he only wants to improve relations with Russia becuase Putin expressed support for Trump, which he did because Trump is ridiculous and could be a useful puppet for the Russian government.
With Trump's ego doubt he would be puppet of anyone.

The establishment of course likes to demonize Russia and play tough with words and sanctions. Considering the continued growth in Chinese military power and economics, the mess in the Middle East, the possible emergence of Eurabia in the coming decades, maybe a closer relationship with Russia makes sense. Cant be any worse than the Clinton approach to Russia or any where else in the world.
Old Aug 13th 2016, 3:30 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

With Trump's ego doubt he would be puppet of anyone.

The establishment of course likes to demonize Russia and play tough with words and sanctions. Considering the continued growth in Chinese military power and economics, the mess in the Middle East, the possible emergence of Eurabia in the coming decades, maybe a closer relationship with Russia makes sense. Cant be any worse than the Clinton approach to Russia or any where else in the world.
Seriously?

Putin is a murderer, including murder on British soil. He is bombing Syria, partly to deliberately exacerbate the refugee crisis in Europe. He has territorial ambitions in Europe, some of which could result in Britain going to war, as part of the NATO alliance.

I don't think you can demonize Putin enough. Personally, I think the best, and most accurate way to think of him is as Sauron brooding in his dark tower in Mordor.
Old Aug 13th 2016, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Editha
Seriously?

Putin is a murderer, including murder on British soil. He is bombing Syria, partly to deliberately exacerbate the refugee crisis in Europe. He has territorial ambitions in Europe, some of which could result in Britain going to war, as part of the NATO alliance.

I don't think you can demonize Putin enough. Personally, I think the best, and most accurate way to think of him is as Sauron brooding in his dark tower in Mordor.
I am not saying Putin is without blemishes but simply it maybe a better long term policy to establish better relations with Russia as the US may need Russia as an ally in the future. The US and the UK have supported regimes in the past for strategic reasons. Kissinger and Nixon opened up relations with China after 25 years of despicable and widespread human right abuses effecting millions, by some estimates more Chinese died from such abuses than did in the Holocaust.
Old Aug 13th 2016, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yikes this has turned into another US election thread.
Sorry, my fault for mentioning the T-word.
Old Aug 13th 2016, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

You want to see a REAL murderer with blood on his hands - have a look at Mr Blair !
Old Aug 13th 2016, 8:48 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Scot 47, You don't think Putin is a 'real' murderer?

Read more.
Old Aug 13th 2016, 9:09 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I am not saying Putin is without blemishes but simply it maybe a better long term policy to establish better relations with Russia as the US may need Russia as an ally in the future. The US and the UK have supported regimes in the past for strategic reasons. Kissinger and Nixon opened up relations with China after 25 years of despicable and widespread human right abuses effecting millions, by some estimates more Chinese died from such abuses than did in the Holocaust.
Old Aug 14th 2016, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Novocastrian

I think what Morpeth has in mind are the Great Leap Forward in the late 1950s and the Cultural Revolution in the late 1960s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Leap_Forward

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Revolution

The link above will tell you the histories about these two Communist Chinese political campaigns.
Old Aug 14th 2016, 12:35 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by HKG3
Novocastrian

I think what Morpeth has in mind are the Great Leap Forward in the late 1950s and the Cultural Revolution in the late 1960s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Leap_Forward

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Revolution

The link above will tell you the histories about these two Communist Chinese political campaigns.
I am old enough to remember both quite clearly thanks. To the best of my knowledge no european jews and very few gypsies were killed in either event.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.