Reload this Page >

Nursing in Jersey Channel Islands

Nursing in Jersey Channel Islands

Old Aug 15th 2016, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Ladybird1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursing in Jersey Channel Islands

Hello guys,
I'm considering a move to Jersey with my family. I'm an RN so i know my skills are needed but i'm just wanting opinions from people that have actually done it or are doing it. Any advice is very welcome. My concern at the moment is working full time when i have a pre-school daughter to consider. Any nurses ouf there willing to share their experiences?

Last edited by Ladybird1982; Aug 15th 2016 at 1:29 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Nursing in Jersey Channel Islands

Well having researched the Jersey government site i know my profession is desirable and am hoping to get some insight from other people that have done the same
Old Aug 15th 2016, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
What rights do you have to live and work in the Channel Islands? You cannot just decide to move there, then buy a ticket and go there to live.
Are you a nurse?
Old Aug 15th 2016, 1:39 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ladybird1982
Are you a nurse?
I have deleted my post as my information may not be current.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Unless it's changed, you could work in the Channel Islands on a contract basis but unless you are a citizen or have a large amount of money , you cannot buy property or settle there long term. I had a friend who got a job with the States of Jersey Electricity company. It was a 2 year contract , they arranged rented accomodation but at the end of the contract he had to leave. Permanent jobs were only available for citizens. good luck with your plans.