North Yorkshire

Old May 23rd 2015, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

McLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really nice
Default Re: North Yorkshire

Originally Posted by Shayy
lol.. oh well. I'll have to start looking at South Yorkshire
And i was born there - DONT.
I have family there too. It is still recovering from Thatchers pit closures. Even today - huge estates full of run down houses and closed pits on the horizon, poverty ridden crap hole towns and villages. Theres entire estates where theres street light poles, pavement, road - and no houses, all been demolished - literal ghost towns. Its grim, and full of miserable buggers.

I moved from Skipton back there for work. Managed a year and had to leave, it was depressing and unfriendly - moved back to North Yorkshire.

Sheffield is nice, to go shopping, drinking, or dining. Other than that, give it a wide birth. But while doing so on the motorway, stay at the limit those LED signs say because theres speed cameras all around south yorkshire on the motorways, a camera covering each lane every 200 ft or so.

They like to make one sign say 60, the next 70, then the one after say 30, then back up to 70 again. For no reason - in the dead of night when the road is empty. The speed cameras are linked to the speed shown on the signs. Im sure someone in an office somewhere things its amusing to alternate the speeds on those signs, ie seen a lot of folks get nailed by them too.

Last edited by McLeod; May 23rd 2015 at 2:40 am.
Old May 23rd 2015, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

Halifax is a bustling vibrant town close to everywhere. It has all the nightlife you want. It has culture. It has all the huge hypermarkets. What more do you want?
Old May 23rd 2015, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

McLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really nice

Originally Posted by themajor
Halifax is a bustling vibrant town close to everywhere. It has all the nightlife you want. It has culture. It has all the huge hypermarkets. What more do you want?
Less chavs, less drunks and piles of sick, some culture - Hx culture is lager lager lager, Saturday night punch ups in Georges square or outside liquid.

The councils answer to this image is to build a small greenhouse over some shops at the bottom of town.

Then there's the ever growing ghetto community just outside town, that successive councils have pandered to, doing their privately owned houses up for them, free double glazing, new roofs, and so on - buying votes.

Even the local pool panders to it, I think its shut 2 or 3 days a week for "ladies only" - which means ladies who want to swim fully clothed, in a burqa.

Yeah, lived there too, fifteen years - not lived there now for about ten years. Recently went back, and its exactly the same as it was, just some of the many many nightclubs and bars have changed their names, and they finally built the cinema that it took nearly 25 years to sort out.
Old May 23rd 2015, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

Wow it has changed then to when I lived there in the 70's Such a shame. Ah well it has to be Harrogate then.
Old May 24th 2015, 7:31 am
Just Joined

Shayy is an unknown quantity at this point

I really like the sound of Halifax. I can't wait! ;-)