Be nice to OZ

Old Jan 6th 2007, 8:21 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Be nice to OZ

Originally Posted by FPM
A common thread of yours is to claim that Britons are denial about your perceived view of our country. Yet you seem to be in equal denial about our perceived view of yours. Tell me, how does that work?

I might also add that it took me some years to reach the conclusion I did about Australia (and the majority of Australians and their entrenched racism) My first years here were very happy. Your infinite wisdom seems to have manifested itself in 18mths, ex b/f issues aside.

If Australia was being managed that well it would be a member of G7 wouldn't it? As is, Australia just scrapes into G20.
Maybe Australia only makes the top 20 because it has 20 million people? How could it compare to the US which has 300 million people? Or China, with over 1 billion? They consider gross GDP, not GDP per person!
Old Jan 6th 2007, 8:49 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Be nice to OZ

Originally Posted by denver
Maybe Australia only makes the top 20 because it has 20 million people? How could it compare to the US which has 300 million people? Or China, with over 1 billion? They consider gross GDP, not GDP per person!
The original G6 was put together by the French back in the mid 70's... It may well have been the 6 highest GDP nations at the time, but Canada was invited to join fairly soon and then in the 90's Russia too... Neither of the later 2 holding their own against the likes of China or Spain in recent years... Oz is about 13th at the moment...