New Malden, Surrey

Old Nov 16th 2011, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Malden, Surrey

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Well I got the job and will start in about 3 weeks, so here's looking at ya New Malden.
Congratulations Bee! Looks like you might just be settled in time for Christmas
Old Nov 18th 2011, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news Bee!!! Hope the transition goes well.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 6:16 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everybody, I handed in my notice at work last Friday and I can't begin to tell you how relieved I feel. So I'm on the move again...........
Old Nov 21st 2011, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everybody, I handed in my notice at work last Friday and I can't begin to tell you how relieved I feel. So I'm on the move again...........
Hope it all goes well for you, WELL DONE ON GETTING THE POSITION
Old Nov 21st 2011, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Many years ago (about 20 years, actually!) we went to a barbie at my husband's colleague's house in New Malden.

We thought it was a really nice area. It was absolutely middle class and I imagine that most of the locals were 'true blue' Tories lol!

I would definitely consider living in New Malden for sure.

Good Luck!

http://www.findaproperty.com/wordont...=0&areaid=0027

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Malden

(Just thought of something - doesn't TriBoy live in or near New Malden? I know his wife is Korean. It might be worth taking a look at some of his old posts and if he does live around there I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you sent him a PM with some questions).
It's not often I dive in here.

For me, New Malden was a sort of middle of the road middle class suburb between other suburbs - you went there on the way to better places. I'd lump it in with Rayner's Park.

20 years ago it was a bit ordinary if anything - it's not bad - just not as good as Twickers, Hampton, parts of Kingston, Putney, Richmond, Teddington.
The High Street seems almost bohemian compared to other high streets in the SW.

What I am saying is that it is ALL relative.

So it is better than Mitcham, Croydon, Morden etc.....
Old Dec 4th 2011, 11:00 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It's not often I dive in here.

For me, New Malden was a sort of middle of the road middle class suburb between other suburbs - you went there on the way to better places. I'd lump it in with Rayner's Park.

20 years ago it was a bit ordinary if anything - it's not bad - just not as good as Twickers, Hampton, parts of Kingston, Putney, Richmond, Teddington.
The High Street seems almost bohemian compared to other high streets in the SW.

What I am saying is that it is ALL relative.

So it is better than Mitcham, Croydon, Morden etc.....
Yes that's just what I thought, not bad but not outstanding either.

But as you say it is all relative, I have dug myself out of a hole by moving from a shoebox into a nice 1 bed flat and from a stressful goddamn awful job to one with so little stress you could almost so I feel happy in myself to be making the move.
Old Dec 18th 2011, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the new job, Bee What was the OLD job, though? Last time I was here you were looking for one.
Old Dec 18th 2011, 8:04 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by windsong
Congrats on the new job, Bee What was the OLD job, though? Last time I was here you were looking for one.
WOW, where the hell have you been hiding????
Old Dec 18th 2011, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

WOW, where the hell have you been hiding????
I got so depressed back in May, Bee, that I thought I might never be able to go home. I had been trying to find a job over there but I realized that, with pets, I couldn't begin whatever job I was offered for six months - the time it takes to prep them, and by then I would have lost the job! That being the case, I would not have planned to go back no matter how depressed I was. However, a job and new DEFRA rules changes everything. It's now down to three weeks for the pets.

I am also employed now - very dysfunctional place but it is a job! Before, I could not move forward without a decent job. I just hope I can find another in a stable place so I really can begin to believe I can actually plan the move home.

I still need to save lots of money to make the move and to take care of myself until I get stabilized in the UK because I have no family there and the job certainly helps with that.
Old Dec 18th 2011, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

windsong, a few of us were worried about you and I for one had missed you on the board. please keep in touch. it is nice to see you "alive" and on board again...
Old Dec 18th 2011, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fulwood
windsong, a few of us were worried about you and I for one had missed you on the board. please keep in touch. it is nice to see you "alive" and on board again...

Thank you so much! I am so glad I am back now

When I left in May I was not working and until six weeks ago I was surviving on temporary work. There was no way I could go home when I was barely making enough to make ends meet here. I felt as if my dream would never come true and that perhaps being here made me more upset.

In spite of leaving for a few months, I now realize I cannot escape what my heart tells me - no matter what I do. If my dream is to go home, it always will be my dream, so I might as well give in to it and try to make it happen. At least now I have a job so there is a chance.

Tina
Old Dec 18th 2011, 10:49 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Windsong, I'm so glad you're OK. I had some horrible thoughts about what might have happened and I'm glad none of them were true!
Old Dec 18th 2011, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Windsong, I'm so glad you're OK. I had some horrible thoughts about what might have happened and I'm glad none of them were true!
Thank you so much, Sally
Old Dec 19th 2011, 4:55 am
Home Sweet Home

I am glad to see you back too Tina, your dream will come true if you want it badly enough, you WILL make it happen.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Is it tomorrow you start your new job Bee? I know I am always getting the dates mixed up... put it down to old age and the failing memory .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.