Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

Old Jul 7th 2011, 12:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

Originally Posted by Wawa
Sal, at least they will have each other on the plane! I wonder if they can be in the same cage (if its large enough?) or if they can be loaded closely enough together so they know their buddies are next door? Its worrying, I know. Mine will be flying solo, and she's a Siamese so God help the other animals, she never shuts up.
The each have to be in separate crates. I suppose you can request for the crates to be put side by side...but you won't really know if they are.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 3:52 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The each have to be in separate crates. I suppose you can request for the crates to be put side by side...but you won't really know if they are.
They can do the crossword together on the flight over!!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Miss Daisy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone has anybody used or heard of Skydogs Pet Transport Matlock Derbyshire I plan on using them for my dog but dont seem to be able to find much info on them any help or knowledge of them would be greatly appreciated
Thank You Miss Daisy
Old Jul 15th 2011, 9:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Daisy
Hello everyone has anybody used or heard of Skydogs Pet Transport Matlock Derbyshire I plan on using them for my dog but dont seem to be able to find much info on them any help or knowledge of them would be greatly appreciated
Thank You Miss Daisy
Hello and welcome to BE. As this thread is about the new DEFRA regs for taking pets back to the UK....I think you would be best starting a new thread...otherwise your question is going to get lost in this thread.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Hello and welcome to BE. As this thread is about the new DEFRA regs for taking pets back to the UK....I think you would be best starting a new thread...otherwise your question is going to get lost in this thread.
thank you jersey girl for your prompt reply
Old Jul 15th 2011, 10:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

thank you jersey girl for your prompt reply
You're welcome...give me a shout if you need help with anything.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

You're welcome...give me a shout if you need help with anything.
I am searching at the moment how to start the new thread you mentioned sorry im new
Old Jul 15th 2011, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Red face Re: New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

I am searching at the moment how to start the new thread you mentioned sorry im new
Thanks again Jersey Girl i think i got the hang of it now new thread
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

leavingcanada is an unknown quantity at this point

this very morning i had a price from boomerang in calgary about shipping 2 poms back to UK...i gave her my crates sizes..we shipped 3 bichons over a few years ago and still have the crates.....they have assumed that so long as the dogs can stand to move and turn around and that they get on well together that they will be shipped in one crate..approx 34 kgs air canada climate controlled cargo at 686 bucks cdn.....on the same note did any one ever have to pay charges for customs clearance and defra on arrival at london heathrow? the total costs would be a tad under 2000 bucks cdn..AND there still has be be a government approved vet sign off on the papers as well as your local vet...even under the new rule change in january 2012
Old Jul 18th 2011, 9:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by leavingcanada
this very morning i had a price from boomerang in calgary about shipping 2 poms back to UK...i gave her my crates sizes..we shipped 3 bichons over a few years ago and still have the crates.....they have assumed that so long as the dogs can stand to move and turn around and that they get on well together that they will be shipped in one crate..approx 34 kgs air canada climate controlled cargo at 686 bucks cdn.....on the same note did any one ever have to pay charges for customs clearance and defra on arrival at london heathrow? the total costs would be a tad under 2000 bucks cdn..AND there still has be be a government approved vet sign off on the papers as well as your local vet...even under the new rule change in january 2012
Very interesting I'd read that each animal had to be isolated from one another...maybe not.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

leavingcanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Very interesting I'd read that each animal had to be isolated from one another...maybe not.
this is what we thought....the girl e mailed me and asked if they got on well....and she had the sizes of the crates.....so the wife thinks we should sell the 3 crates we have and fund a slightly larger one if this is the case...the girl said that the airline would be fined by defra if they allow animals to be shipped in crates that are to small...so one assumes she knows..its what they do.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 9:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by leavingcanada
this is what we thought....the girl e mailed me and asked if they got on well....and she had the sizes of the crates.....so the wife thinks we should sell the 3 crates we have and fund a slightly larger one if this is the case...the girl said that the airline would be fined by defra if they allow animals to be shipped in crates that are to small...so one assumes she knows..its what they do.
I think I would run the multi pet carrier by DEFRA just to make sure from the people who actually make the rules. I can understand why DEFRA are so strict about the crate sizes.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 8:27 am
Banned

coupons is an unknown quantity at this point

NICE INFORMATION THANKS..
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 3:18 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nh94110
Hi, I am supposed to be on the QM2 in May of 12. I just contacted Cunard about the new regs from DEFRA. They are still figuring them out. I am coming from the US. In the old schema, the blood test had to be certified by a USDA vet. It isn't clean in the new scheme if the USDA vet has to certify the vaccination or not. And, if your pet has had rabies vaccines in the past, what do you do about a booster shot? Do you need all the paperwork that links back to the original vaccine? I couldn't find the answers to any of these questions on the DEFRA web site. Anyone know?

Also I noticed that one of the posters above was using PetJets...has anyone used them? Are they very expensive? Can you fly with your pet?

Thanks!
How far in advance did you book to get your pet on the QM2? I have trried for 2012 and it is all sold out already...... even the "wait list" is now closed.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

margaretmwilson will become famous soon enough

Hi, I heard there was a 2 year waiting list.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.