New To This Board

Old Jul 28th 2014, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New To This Board

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Sorry just saw this. Darn the lack of 'who quoted me?'

In the old town - I can never remember the exact name - but there's a good amusement arcade where it seems to be easier to win lots of goodies on the penny falls machines.

I am a cheap date

Cream tea afterwards.

Brighton is great. Pavilion, The Lanes for shopping, beach.
Not so sure about the Pier

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/uv?hl=...d=0CI4BEKIqMA4
Old Jul 28th 2014, 8:03 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong pier. There are two.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
Wrong pier. There are two.
I think everyone knows that!
Old Jul 28th 2014, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Brighton Train service is pretty good. Just over an hour to London at peak times.

Although you might need a boat this week.
Hail storms and flash floods in south as north wakes up to sunshine - Telegraph
Old Jul 28th 2014, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

LoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
I think everyone knows that!
I didn't know there are two piers.

I'll check both of them out when I visit and see which one is better.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LoveFortheUK
I didn't know there are two piers.

I'll check both of them out when I visit and see which one is better.
The West Pier started collapsing years, even decades, ago. Lots of conspiracy theories about it. There have been two fires I believe, There are plans to rebuild bits, but the cost is simply impossible. I believe parts are still visible at low tide! (joke)
Old Jul 28th 2014, 5:01 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

The plan is to replace the pier with 'i360' -- an observation tower -- Brighton's answer to the London eye. Bits of the old pier will be salvaged and the rest demolished.

There used to be a big flock of starlings that roosted on the pier, providing a spectacular show of starling murmurations in the evening, but I am not sure whether they are still there.