Need some POSITIVE info

Old Apr 20th 2016, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need some POSITIVE info

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
She didn't say that
Oh, sorry, I see now after re-reading it.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 8:31 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW, I've known people to get tickets in the US for driving under the speed limit. IE - for not going fast enough.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
FWIW, I've known people to get tickets in the US for driving under the speed limit. IE - for not going fast enough.
That's not good...people driving that way are a hazard, too.

BTW, did you read my compliment back there about one of your posts?
Old Apr 20th 2016, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

My late brother failed his test first time for going too slow as well.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 12:01 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Downton Gabby
That's not good...people driving that way are a hazard, too.

BTW, did you read my compliment back there about one of your posts?
Yes, I did.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

It might be hard for you to imagine a public transport system that has busses running all over, stopping more than once an hour, and dropping people at convenient locations all over town. Trains that take you from one city to another daily - so regularly that people use them for work.
I've lived in two places in the UK where I didn't need to own a car, it's easy to do in many locations, particularly the more southerly ones.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you have to be holding up 6 or more vehicles at 10mph+ under the limit, or some such ruling?
Old May 9th 2016, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

CalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond repute

News of more banks raising their age limits for mortgages:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36243871
Old May 13th 2016, 4:06 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
We covered this previously - it is tough so that drivers are knowledgeable and safe on the road.

The proof of the pudding is in the road fatalities figures, which I already referred to above in this thread. .... Conversely the local newspapers run an almost identical story here (NC) at least once a week - someone drove off the side of the road for no discernible reason, then either (i) hit a tree or (ii) over-corrected and came back on to the road then either (i) ploughed head-on into oncoming traffic, or (ii) drove off the other side of the road, ..... and hit a tree. The reported result is the same, at least one fatality. I don't believe that the problem is with too many trees. ..... And FWIW someone I know who used to be a cop in Florida says it is exactly the same there, except "tree" is replaced with pond/lake/drainage ditch.

And I really do seem to read this story every week. And that doesn't even address the bigger or more unusual ad hoc wrecks. The carnage on the roads in the US through sheer stupidity is just brutal and relentless.

If only the US road tests were as rigorous.
You should see the driving in NS. People for the most part refuse to let people out into the flow of traffic. Having the right of way seems to be of most importance, constantly hitting pedestrians that walk out in front of you anyway (they have the right of way ) and my biggest peeve..suddenly realizing that they are about to hit that truck on the highway that they have stormed up behind at speed and pulling out suddenly into the fast lane making everyone else slam on the brakes. That truck, by the way, had been in their line of vision for whole minutes as they get closer and closer.
Old May 13th 2016, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

If you choose your location you can live a full life without having a car. Personally I rejected the Cult of Ford 30 years ago ! I have arranged my life so that I can get around by bus, train and ferry.

Last edited by scot47; May 13th 2016 at 6:42 pm.
Old May 15th 2016, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CalgaryPete
News of more banks raising their age limits for mortgages:

Nationwide raises home loan age limit to 85 years - BBC News
Thanks! I'll have a look.

How are you doing these days?
Old May 15th 2016, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scot47
If you choose your location you can live a full life without having a car. Personally I rejected the Cult of Ford 30 years ago ! I have arranged my life so that I can get around by bus, train and ferry.
I'm not opposed to the idea completely, but I honestly can't imagine not being able to jump in my car and go anytime. And I have a dog would like to take with me on occasion.And what about groceries?
Old May 15th 2016, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

. And what about groceries?
to address that point, most major supermarkets deliver to you at home if you shop/order online.
Old May 15th 2016, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yellowroom
to address that point, most major supermarkets deliver to you at home if you shop/order online.
Wow, that's nice. I didn't know that. Do they charge a lot for delivery?
Old May 15th 2016, 7:28 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that's nice. I didn't know that. Do they charge a lot for delivery?
I think each of the supermarkets has a slightly different model. Tesco, who I get deliveries from, when you log in, you first choose your delivery time slot from those still available. They are priced from £1 to £5, I think, based on supply and demand. I choose a 9pm because it's only £1. I'm going to be sitting watching TV at that time, so it's convenient. They undertake to bring it into your kitchen for you, but I just take it at the front door.

I don't have a car in the UK, so walk to Tesco for groceries. I get a delivery for wine, beer, juice, toilet paper, detergent etc - things that are bulky and heavy in terms of walking from the store.

I think most of the supermarkets have introductory offers, free delivery for the first month or something. In fact, they often have cash off offers - £15 off your first delivery of over £60, or something similar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.