need help

Old Jul 24th 2015, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

maddie1959 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: need help

Originally Posted by MoshiMoshi
France, Holland and Germany also have tons of land borders; they're not an island, trying to maintain and protect its own ecosystem.

I'm sure every airport is different, but when we flew out of Dusseldorf airport with our cats, they didn't even have a dedicated area for animal check-in; we had to leave our cats at the outsize baggage counter. We also had to take them out of their crates so the containers could be x-rayed: holding two furious cats in the middle of queue of people with skis and buggies was really fun. No dedicated animal personnel.

When the cats arrived at LAX, they were left by the side of the baggage carrousel with a pile of outsize baggage. No supervision, let alone animal personnel.

In contrast, I can't say enough about how professional and helpful the Animal Reception Centre at Heathrow are. It's an entire facility and they take amazing care of the animals. The import paperwork and procedures are extensive. Google the documentary series about them if you think they're just taking $300 to 'clean up cages'. What rubbish. (And, for one thing, our cats have flown long-haul two times and never once soiled their cages like that -- I've heard cats hardly ever poop in their containers.)
Maybe you are right or just lucky, because I have read dozens of complains re Heathrow and many cats in bad condition on arrival .
still does not accuse that the same trip to other places in Europe for a cat are $275 virus $1700 for Uk

My time is better spent finding a solution and not debating facts .
Old Jul 24th 2015, 8:34 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Incidentally, I was advised that it is better, if possible, to get animals flown to Gatwick, rather than Heathrow, because their animal reception centre is faster in processing the animals when they arrive.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 7:15 am
Misses Los Angeles

MoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maddie1959
Maybe you are right or just lucky, because I have read dozens of complains re Heathrow and many cats in bad condition on arrival .
still does not accuse that the same trip to other places in Europe for a cat are $275 virus $1700 for Uk

My time is better spent finding a solution and not debating facts .
So go ahead and find one, instead of grumbling that we should all call DEFRA, and spreading nonsense scare stories about animals 'covered in excrement' and 'dozens of complaints' about Heathrow. Heathrow has a very good reputation for animal treatment; it's not fair on other returning pet-owners to make up dramatic rubbish, just because you have a chip on your shoulder about the cost.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

So go ahead and find one, instead of grumbling that we should all call DEFRA, and spreading nonsense scare stories about animals 'covered in excrement' and 'dozens of complaints' about Heathrow. Heathrow has a very good reputation for animal treatment; it's not fair on other returning pet-owners to make up dramatic rubbish, just because you have a chip on your shoulder about the cost.
I wont bother to respond again to you , a waist of time .
However for the other pet owners , it was never my intention to scare anyone I know how important our animals welfare are to us.I was given a lot of my informational by a very reliable souse. having said that I know there are many happy endings .

I do not have a chip on my shoulder re cost however there is no justifying the facts,they are out there , I fight for the rights of people ,children and animals , I am not a fence sitter as you appear to be , if changes are to be made we must act .You wish to berry your head in the sand so be it .
Old Jul 25th 2015, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Editha
Incidentally, I was advised that it is better, if possible, to get animals flown to Gatwick, rather than Heathrow, because their animal reception centre is faster in processing the animals when they arrive.
Thank you ,yes I am hearing it is much better , looking into it.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

The other alternative is fly into Amsterdam , train from Schipol to Brussels and then Eurostar to London. you need to check the regulations but we had a friend who used to take her cat regularly from UK to Paris, and back of course, on the train - some time ago admittedly. She had to have injections and a animal passport but it was very straightforward apparently.The cat travelled in a carry cage.
If you google "taking pets from europe to UK" I'm sure you'll find answers.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 3:06 pm
Misses Los Angeles

MoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maddie1959
I wont bother to respond again to you , a waist of time .
However for the other pet owners , it was never my intention to scare anyone I know how important our animals welfare are to us.I was given a lot of my informational by a very reliable souse. having said that I know there are many happy endings .

I do not have a chip on my shoulder re cost however there is no justifying the facts,they are out there , I fight for the rights of people ,children and animals , I am not a fence sitter as you appear to be , if changes are to be made we must act .You wish to berry your head in the sand so be it .
Sorry -- didn't realise you were a superhero! I thought you were just another person talking unsubstantiated shite and scaremongering on the internet. Truly, I stand corrected.

Although I wouldn't recommend using 'souses' for information -- they're very unreliable.

I shall weight in vein for your replay. Good luck to your cat, though.

Last edited by MoshiMoshi; Jul 25th 2015 at 3:10 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 4:42 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
The other alternative is fly into Amsterdam , train from Schipol to Brussels and then Eurostar to London. you need to check the regulations but we had a friend who used to take her cat regularly from UK to Paris, and back of course, on the train - some time ago admittedly. She had to have injections and a animal passport but it was very straightforward apparently.The cat travelled in a carry cage.
If you google "taking pets from europe to UK" I'm sure you'll find answers.
Hi, following this thread from France, animals are not allowed on Eurostar, except for guide dogs.
Prohibited Items and Alcohol | Travel Information | Eurostar
If the direct-to-Heathrow option doesn't suit the OP, the earlier suggestion of Montreal-Amsterdam-Rotterdam-Hull seems a reasonable one.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

And I note that with 15 recent posts on the French forum offering additional advise & useful information, the OP hasn't had the decency to acknowledge one of them.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Although I wouldn't recommend using 'souses' for information -- they're very unreliable.
I shall weight in vein for your replay. Good luck to your cat, though.