Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving to UK with Canadian wife and kids

Moving to UK with Canadian wife and kids

Old Mar 12th 2018, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

caicosman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to UK with Canadian wife and kids

Hi there. I am planning on moving to the UK with my common law wife and kids. I am from the Cayman Islands and have both my UK overseas terriorty citizenship as well as my British Citizenship and passport. I have never lived in the mother country before but my wife and I are planning to make the move. My daughters are 6 and 2 years old. My main concern is getting my 6 year old in school and what that process would be. The second thing is what would my common law wife and kids have to do to be able to live in the UK.
Old Mar 12th 2018, 7:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to UK with Canadian wife and kids

Originally Posted by caicosman
Hi there. I am planning on moving to the UK with my common law wife and kids. I am from the Cayman Islands and have both my UK overseas terriorty citizenship as well as my British Citizenship and passport. I have never lived in the mother country before but my wife and I are planning to make the move. My daughters are 6 and 2 years old. My main concern is getting my 6 year old in school and what that process would be. The second thing is what would my common law wife and kids have to do to be able to live in the UK.
Welcome to BE.

As your thread is a question about schools for your children...I have moved it over to our General UK Forum. Please note the Immigration forum is for questions about Visas and Citizenship only.
Old Mar 12th 2018, 7:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

What passport(s) do your partner and children hold?
Old Mar 12th 2018, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

caicosman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
What passport(s) do your partner and children hold?
My partner and kids have Canadian passports
Old Mar 12th 2018, 8:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caicosman
My partner and kids have Canadian passports
I suggest you open a new thread discussing UK visas for your wife and children...although your children may be UK citizens through you. Apologies for asking you to jump to another forum.

Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) - British Expats
Old Mar 12th 2018, 9:36 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your Local Education Authority will be obliged to place your child in a local school. You would need to approach them after you arrive. Your main concern will be a spouse visa for your wife and either British passports or child visas for your children depending on their eligibility.