Reload this Page >

Moving back to UK to rent while property sells

Moving back to UK to rent while property sells

Old Aug 15th 2014, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

profbook is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moving back to UK to rent while property sells

Hi,
I am thinking of moving back to the UK from France next year having lived here since 2008.
I will want to rent a property initially as it may take time for my french house to sell.
I am retired as is my partner, and we have pension income paid into a UK bank registered to our french address.
I am concerned that I will have problems finding an agency that will rent me a property without a recent UK credit history.
Has anyone any thought on this? I am told you can'r rent without the credit score but others say its ok if you pay 6 months rent up front.
Anyone able to clarify please?
Old Aug 15th 2014, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK to rent while property sells

Originally Posted by profbook
Hi,
I am thinking of moving back to the UK from France next year having lived here since 2008.
I will want to rent a property initially as it may take time for my french house to sell.
I am retired as is my partner, and we have pension income paid into a UK bank registered to our french address.
I am concerned that I will have problems finding an agency that will rent me a property without a recent UK credit history.
Has anyone any thought on this? I am told you can'r rent without the credit score but others say its ok if you pay 6 months rent up front.
Anyone able to clarify please?
Why don't you contact a rental agency (normally estate agents) in your chosen area and ask them? You have a regular income and you can ask them if that will suffice.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

profbook is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cyrian
Why don't you contact a rental agency (normally estate agents) in your chosen area and ask them? You have a regular income and you can ask them if that will suffice.
Yes, thanks. I'll do that, but I was just hoping someone else may have had some experience of this situation and could share it.
Old Aug 16th 2014, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

We have just secured a rental after 10 years away in Canada. The outsourced reference agency wouldn't accept my continuing foreign business income (plus my husband is quitting here and hasn't secured a new UK job yet). We thought we would be falling back on a guarantor (who has to meet the same income requirements) or 6 months up front, but they actually took investment statements as proof of cash in the bank. We had to show 40 x monthly rent (I think that was the multiple).