Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to the UK from BC (victoria)

Moving back to the UK from BC (victoria)

Old Feb 8th 2015, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

chadwicks is a jewel in the roughchadwicks is a jewel in the roughchadwicks is a jewel in the roughchadwicks is a jewel in the roughchadwicks is a jewel in the rough
Default Moving back to the UK from BC (victoria)

Hello everyone!
So the time has come..we have decided to move back to the UK, we gave it our best but after 3 years we couldn't adjust. We are just wondering if any of you friendly lot have had any pleasant experiences with moving companies, (we have decided to bring all our belongings back to the UK) and could advise, before we start shopping around. We are not looking to take great amount probably a pallet or two.

Any help would be appreciated

Chadwicks
Old Feb 12th 2015, 3:52 am
Just Joined

detridge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving back to the UK from BC (victoria)

Originally Posted by chadwicks
Hello everyone!
So the time has come..we have decided to move back to the UK, we gave it our best but after 3 years we couldn't adjust. We are just wondering if any of you friendly lot have had any pleasant experiences with moving companies, (we have decided to bring all our belongings back to the UK) and could advise, before we start shopping around. We are not looking to take great amount probably a pallet or two.

Any help would be appreciated

Chadwicks
Hi Chadwicks, we have also decided to return to the uk from Nanaimo, we have been here 6 years, the reason is to be closer to aging parents and family. We are just taking our belonging a company I have contacted is Movecorp. We have a quote for 100sqft for 1,780 pounds so not cheap. I haven't had any replies from the company that shipped us out here?

Regards,

Duncan
Old Feb 13th 2015, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

CalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond repute

Starline were good value and very professional when I moved from Calgary to the UK last year.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

maple moments. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by detridge
Hi Chadwicks, we have also decided to return to the uk from Nanaimo, we have been here 6 years, the reason is to be closer to aging parents and family. We are just taking our belonging a company I have contacted is Movecorp. We have a quote for 100sqft for 1,780 pounds so not cheap. I haven't had any replies from the company that shipped us out here?

Regards,

Duncan
Hiya,

Please Don't Use Bekins (Parksville on Vancouver Island). Dreadful. They were pushy and the quote was badly calculated, they tried to charge a lot more on the day. Staff not friendly. I'm sure there are some reliable companies out there but could Not recommend Bekins.

Best of Luck with Your Moving.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

AB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond repute

I will be watching this thread closely because i'n ossibly thinking about moving back from Calgary
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

AB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond reputeAB4NOW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CalgaryPete
Starline were good value and very professional when I moved from Calgary to the UK last year.
CalgaryPete

Can you remember how much your quotes were roughly
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

CalgaryPete

Which part of the UK to head too.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

CalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond reputeCalgaryPete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AB4NOW
CalgaryPete

Which part of the UK to head too.
£3,800 for 3 of the large wood crates (LCLs) in a shared container.

Shipped from Calgary to Manchester.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Shipped from Calgary to Manchester.
I'm just recommending a shipping company by the way. I'm not recommending moving from Calgary to Manchester!
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 11:12 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

+1 I used them too and was very happy with them. Calgary to Scottish Borders. My shipment was 3080lbs/370 cu ft $7712.00 $20.84 per cu ft in 2012.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

I'm just recommending a shipping company by the way. I'm not recommending moving from Calgary to Manchester!
Thanks CalgaryPete. Lol Manchester is a bit North for me.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lf1
+1 I used them too and was very happy with them. Calgary to Scottish Borders. My shipment was 3080lbs/370 cu ft $7712.00 $20.84 per cu ft in 2012.
if1

Thank you, I'm going to send you a PM later as you know me but im using a different name.
Old Apr 12th 2015, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

maple moments. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by detridge

Regards,

Duncan
Hiya Duncan and all,
Can't recommend Bekins. Awful, and gave a wildly overpriced quote. But it looks like you have other companies to choose from
Cheers and Good Luck.
MM