Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back with my Chinese wife & daughter

Moving back with my Chinese wife & daughter

Old May 28th 2013, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back with my Chinese wife & daughter

Welcome to the forum - and congratulations!!!!
Old May 28th 2013, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangzhouguy
Visa successful!!!! Very fast turn around. 9 work days. Now to find a job,house,flights and shipping :-s
Wow that was quick! Congratulations!!! Now the real work begins with all you have to do next!
Old May 28th 2013, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Visa successful!!!! Very fast turn around. 9 work days. Now to find a job,house,flights and shipping :-s
Congratulations!!!!!
Old May 29th 2013, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Rony is an unknown quantity at this point

You are lucky to have visa so quickly. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
Shipping is very important so hire a reputed shipping firm and good luck.
Old May 29th 2013, 10:12 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone,
I've been reading posts here for a while but only just registered. My wife applied for her settlement visa yesterday so a huge weight has been lifted and replaced with a bag of nerves! We've been living together here for almost six years and had our daughter just over a year ago.
I'm sure ill have many questions in the future but I just wanted to say hi first!
Don't forget to get your daughter a British Passport if you are a British Citizen not by descent, will make it easier.
Old May 29th 2013, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Great news on the Visa!
Old Jun 6th 2013, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Hangzhouguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Does anyone know of a decent moving company from China? I was suggested Asian Tigers but they haven't replied to my emails and the telephone number listed doesn't work.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Don't forget to get your daughter a British Passport if you are a British Citizen not by descent, will make it easier.
Thanks she has a right to abode in the uk from a trip back last Xmas so should be covered.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 8:20 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Moving back with my Chinese wife & daughter

Does anyone know of a decent moving company from China? I was suggested Asian Tigers but they haven't replied to my emails and the telephone number listed doesn't work.
Hmmm. We have twice moved out of Singapore with Asian Tigers; they were excellent. However they are also known by their more familiar name in Singapore which is K C Dat. They may or may not be the same 'Asian Tigers' in your part of China, but here is their website....is it the same one that you are using?

http://www.asiantigersgroup.com/

It might be worth contacting say, KC Dat (Asian Tigers) in Singapore and ask what the correct phone contact numbers are for their China locations.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Hmmm. We have twice moved out of Singapore with Asian Tigers; they were excellent. However they are also known by their more familiar name in Singapore which is K C Dat. They may or may not be the same 'Asian Tigers' in your part of China, but here is their website....is it the same one that you are using?

It might be worth contacting say, KC Dat (Asian Tigers) in Singapore and ask what the correct phone contact numbers are for their China locations.
Yeah that's the same group I was trying to use. I'll contact them visa that link. Thanks!
Old Jun 7th 2013, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with the move, and congratulations!
Old Jun 9th 2013, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Tried contacting them. Nothing. Must be blacklisted haha.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 3:31 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Moving back with my Chinese wife & daughter

Tried contacting them. Nothing. Must be blacklisted haha.
That's bizarre

We did once use Crown Worldwide (they unpacked our shipment in Singapore) and they were pretty good.

http://www.crownworldwide.com/

We have friends who've used Santa Fe out of Singapore and were happy with them too:

http://www.santaferelo.com/index.php/

This is probably one of the busiest times of the year for relocations (and going out to give quotes etc. as most companies require their expats to get at least 3 quotes) which may be a factor in not getting any joy with Asian Tigers?
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

That's bizarre

We did once use Crown Worldwide (they unpacked our shipment in Singapore) and they were pretty good.

http://www.crownworldwide.com/

We have friends who've used Santa Fe out of Singapore and were happy with them too:

http://www.santaferelo.com/index.php/

This is probably one of the busiest times of the year for relocations (and going out to give quotes etc. as most companies require their expats to get at least 3 quotes) which may be a factor in not getting any joy with Asian Tigers?
Thank you for those links. I have contacted them both and just hope the prices aren't through the roof haha.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Still waiting on the relocation quotes to come through from Sante Fe and Crown. Will post them up as soon as I have them for others reference.

Will my daughter be eligible for any child support once we get back to the UK? Obviously I haven't been paying any tax in Britain for several years so I assume not. If not, when will I be eligible?

I'm feeling quite overwhelmed about all this "grown up" stuff. I left England a fresh faced university graduate and in the last 6 years I have met my wife, got married and had a baby. As a result I don't know how the government can help if at all?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.