Reload this Page >

Moving back with my Chinese wife & daughter

Moving back with my Chinese wife & daughter

Old May 15th 2013, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Hangzhouguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back with my Chinese wife & daughter

Hey everyone,
I've been reading posts here for a while but only just registered. My wife applied for her settlement visa yesterday so a huge weight has been lifted and replaced with a bag of nerves! We've been living together here for almost six years and had our daughter just over a year ago.
I'm sure ill have many questions in the future but I just wanted to say hi first!
Old May 15th 2013, 1:52 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back with my Chinese wife & daughter

Hi.
Old May 15th 2013, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hangzhouguy
My wife applied for her settlement visa yesterday so a huge weight has been lifted and replaced with a bag of nerves!
I know that feeling well!
Welcome to BE and good luck with the application.
Please keep us posted on how it goes.
Old May 15th 2013, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by larrabee
I know that feeling well!
Welcome to BE and good luck with the application.
Please keep us posted on how it goes.
Thank you! We used the savings route and last month there were two settlement visas in Hangzhou. One couple had a decision in 5 days, the other 40. Hopefully it won't be too long a wait.
Old May 15th 2013, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! We used the savings route and last month there were two settlement visas in Hangzhou. One couple had a decision in 5 days, the other 40. Hopefully it won't be too long a wait.
Hello and welcome! Hope you get a speedy and successful answer. May I ask, since we are also doing the savings route, how you satisfied the accommodation requirement? Thanks.
Old May 15th 2013, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome!

Fingers crossed that your wife's visa requested is successful and granted quickly!

What area are you thinking of moving to in the UK?
Old May 15th 2013, 9:52 pm
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone,
I've been reading posts here for a while but only just registered. My wife applied for her settlement visa yesterday so a huge weight has been lifted and replaced with a bag of nerves! We've been living together here for almost six years and had our daughter just over a year ago.
I'm sure ill have many questions in the future but I just wanted to say hi first!
Hope it turns out well for you.
Old May 15th 2013, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Hello and welcome! Hope you get a speedy and successful answer. May I ask, since we are also doing the savings route, how you satisfied the accommodation requirement? Thanks.
Hi. We said that we were staying with my parents until we find our own place depending on where the jobs are located. To give evidence of the accommodation we included:
A handwritten letter from my father inviting us to stay there.
Recent gas and water bills showing my parents name and address.
Recent mortgage payments.
Original mortgage evaluation thereby proving my parents have lived there many years.
And last but not least a housing inspection form from the local council saying that the house has enough space to fit us and that it is in a good state of repair (this cost £100! But varies between councils and sometimes is free).

It's a 3 bedroom semi with just my parents living there so plenty of sleeping room for us all. Hope this helps. Anymore questions I'm happy to help.
We were going to wait a bit but the RMB is doing so well we decided to go for it!
Old May 15th 2013, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NiHao
Hi and welcome!

Fingers crossed that your wife's visa requested is successful and granted quickly!

What area are you thinking of moving to in the UK?
Originally near Manchester where my parents live but hopefully we'll relocate South near London if I can find a job there.
Old May 15th 2013, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.
Old May 16th 2013, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. We said that we were staying with my parents until we find our own place depending on where the jobs are located. To give evidence of the accommodation we included:
A handwritten letter from my father inviting us to stay there.
Recent gas and water bills showing my parents name and address.
Recent mortgage payments.
Original mortgage evaluation thereby proving my parents have lived there many years.
And last but not least a housing inspection form from the local council saying that the house has enough space to fit us and that it is in a good state of repair (this cost £100! But varies between councils and sometimes is free).

It's a 3 bedroom semi with just my parents living there so plenty of sleeping room for us all. Hope this helps. Anymore questions I'm happy to help.
We were going to wait a bit but the RMB is doing so well we decided to go for it!
Sounds like you've got it covered! It's our only sticking point right now. We are not sure where we want to be yet, so we are leaving that detail until that's settled. Good luck to you
Old May 16th 2013, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Sounds like you've got it covered! It's our only sticking point right now. We are not sure where we want to be yet, so we are leaving that detail until that's settled. Good luck to you
Can you not use your parents for the application process? Then you can move on once you're in England and know for sure? Also you're moving from China too?
Old May 16th 2013, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Can you not use your parents for the application process? Then you can move on once you're in England and know for sure? Also you're moving from China too?
No parents, but other relatives scattered around. None close, so have to choose carefully whom to ask. Not coming from China. I am in Florida, USA.
Old May 16th 2013, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

No parents, but other relatives scattered around. None close, so have to choose carefully whom to ask. Not coming from China. I am in Florida, USA.
Ah I see. That does make it quite a bit tougher. Good luck with it!
Old May 28th 2013, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Visa successful!!!! Very fast turn around. 9 work days. Now to find a job,house,flights and shipping :-s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.