Moving back to blighty

Old Mar 20th 2017, 9:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to blighty

Originally Posted by Morphius
Hi there, yip I love chester too, where in nz are you ? Good luck to you too thx
Gulf Harbour at the end of the Whangaparaoa Peninsula. Not a bad place to live but I just have no sense of belonging. How about yourself ?
Old Mar 27th 2017, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Morphius is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Gulf Harbour at the end of the Whangaparaoa Peninsula. Not a bad place to live but I just have no sense of belonging. How about yourself ?
Hi again, sorry about my delays getting back, we are in orewa, lovely place like gulf harbour too. Just waiting for a buyer for the house then it's all on ! We have travelled a lot of the southern hemisphere now, amongst other reasons, ive seen enough beaches and bush to last me a lifetime. Time for a change, originally from liverpool here
Old Mar 27th 2017, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again, sorry about my delays getting back, we are in orewa, lovely place like gulf harbour too. Just waiting for a buyer for the house then it's all on ! We have travelled a lot of the southern hemisphere now, amongst other reasons, ive seen enough beaches and bush to last me a lifetime. Time for a change, originally from liverpool here
I'm from St.Helens originally! I thought that we'd always be at the beach when we moved here but we rarely go. I love rock-pooling but as most of the beaches are sand I find them rather boring.

I'm often in Orewa, used to be involved with Centrestage Theatre a lot but it has become a rather toxic environment lately . I pop in to see the theatre managers regularly because they are such lovely people. Good luck with the house selling.

I miss seeing historical sights and the hustle and bustle of the UK.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat094; Mar 27th 2017 at 10:26 pm. Reason: As usual I forgot something.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 6:40 am
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

I'm from St.Helens originally! I thought that we'd always be at the beach when we moved here but we rarely go. I love rock-pooling but as most of the beaches are sand I find them rather boring.

I'm often in Orewa, used to be involved with Centrestage Theatre a lot but it has become a rather toxic environment lately . I pop in to see the theatre managers regularly because they are such lovely people. Good luck with the house selling.

I'm already over the sights and busyness...and I'm in London every couple of weeks. Beaches aren't as nice but we always do/did go regularly to walk the dog. I believe Orewa is getting busier though, but with Millwater I'm not surprised.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, great to find this forum, thought it might be a good place to get some tips from those that have gone back to blighty already. Now at age 46 been out in Auckland for 16yrs and going back to live permanently to chester England. I was in full time employment in the uk from 87 to 2000, 13 yrs. I've been in full time employment here in nz since. First question is, because the uk and nz have a reciprocal agreement, will I get full uk state pension when I reach retirement age in the uk ? Also do I need to provide the uk of my tax contributions from nz ? Also am entitled to a tax rebate in nz because I am quitting half way thru a tax year ? I will also be wiring around 450,000 GBP from a bank in nz to the uk. Basically any tax tips or traps to avoid from all of your experiences. Kind regards

Hi I believe things have changed since we returned to the UK in 2010, we came back with money from our home, car and savings etc and did not pay any tax here in the UK then (as I said not sure now) we were in Aus, I have recently contacted the DWP and have been informed (I am going to double check lol as I usually do) that I can pay £100 for each year I did not work in the Uk to bring my "stamp" up to date here in the UK (we do have private pensions in Aus as well) in the near future that £100 fee goes up soon. Chester is a lovely area, we have looked around the area many times, we liked Christleton and also Heswall on the Wirral still close to Chester but nearer the "sea" which I do miss. Good luck with the move, we have loved being back and still enjoy exploring our country.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

National Insurance Contributions(Overseas Section) in Longbenton, Newcastle are the best people to deal with inquiries.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 6:18 am
Just Joined

Sound ! St helens ,just around the corner eh, how wierd is that. Love those rays and fish that u can
u feed up in gulf harbour. We have been to centre stage a good few times, knowing how small nz is ive probably had a conversation with u in the past :-) as lovely auckland is,i miss the feel of the uk, its in my bones. I was let off the leash couple of yrs ago, and I flew to mankchester, got the train to london, there in a flash, hired a tiny campervan and did all the cathedrals, castles, , all the lovely places in england by myself in the middle of winter with my decent sausages on toast in the morning, all up through bath, bristol, pembrokshire, south through to north wales, hearing them talkin welsh in tescoes :-) loads of walks that arent dog restricted, or no access like in nz. I can still hear the crows in the frost of the morning on the top of centuries old churches. Who needs the sun :-) :-) we go up to the pubs up in gulf harbour now and then, maybe make a time to have a pint ? Best of luck to you too thx

Last edited by Morphius; Mar 31st 2017 at 6:22 am.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sparkleydiva
I'm already over the sights and busyness...and I'm in London every couple of weeks. Beaches aren't as nice but we always do/did go regularly to walk the dog. I believe Orewa is getting busier though, but with Millwater I'm not surprised.
Hi ther, ye rodney and orewa getting so many builds now. Everyone sick of all the machinery digging the whole place up, saw a terrist house up for sale today for 915000, you know where can hear all the kick offs through the walls :-) ppl are driving for an hour and a half to get to work in the morning, northern motorway getting really backed up. Luckily I do odd hours, but the work/lifestyle ratio is pretty crap tbh, that coupled with the over priced housing doesn't make for all the 12000 miles anymore, especially if someone is thinking about doing the move here now !
Old Mar 31st 2017, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi I believe things have changed since we returned to the UK in 2010, we came back with money from our home, car and savings etc and did not pay any tax here in the UK then (as I said not sure now) we were in Aus, I have recently contacted the DWP and have been informed (I am going to double check lol as I usually do) that I can pay £100 for each year I did not work in the Uk to bring my "stamp" up to date here in the UK (we do have private pensions in Aus as well) in the near future that £100 fee goes up soon. Chester is a lovely area, we have looked around the area many times, we liked Christleton and also Heswall on the Wirral still close to Chester but nearer the "sea" which I do miss. Good luck with the move, we have loved being back and still enjoy exploring our country.
Hia mate, I'm not sure wat it was like with ozzies returning, but I was in touch with Dwp recently and nz have a reciprocal agreement with the uk as far as state pension. Even if it's not then by the time I retire on the uk I'd have had 30 yrs contributions. Luckily I've done the same as u and gone into other schemes, plus I'm gonna be making a safety net on top of that. I'm not too sure wether the tax man will want to clip the ticket on ur ozzy pension as the do in reverse here when I brought my uk private pension over here QROPS. Ye christleton is where we are heading. Thx for ur rply