Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Applying for kids UK passports-do I send in US passports?

Applying for kids UK passports-do I send in US passports?

Old Oct 22nd 2018, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Lmuk77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for kids UK passports-do I send in US passports?

Hi

We're thinking of moving back to the UK and have started looking into applying for UK passports for the kids. It will be their first UK passport.

One part of the passport application site implied we need to send in their US passport along with the application, whereas another said to send in a copy of all the pages.

Do we have to send in the actual passports? My dad just got diagnosed with cancer and I'd really rather they weren't without their passports for however long in case we have to fly over in an emergency.

Thanks!
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

chasingsun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for kids UK passports-do I send in US passports?

If I remember I photocopied every page of there canadian passports and that was fine. It took.less then 3 weeks.
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 3:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You don’t need to send their foreign passports and if you ‘forget’ to send a copy then it won’t stop a British passport from being issued.
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Our son applied for his from the USA in 2016 and he only needed to send in a copy of his US passport, all pages. Same with our daughter a few years earlier.
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Lmuk77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all replies.

I'll be able to go ahead with the application without the extra worry!