Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

LTR(M) "other" biological parent's birth certificate and utllity bills required?? WTH

LTR(M) "other" biological parent's birth certificate and utllity bills required?? WTH

Old Dec 12th 2017, 4:00 pm
Goooner!

Pipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to all
Question LTR(M) "other" biological parent's birth certificate and utllity bills required?? WTH

Just about to apply for my wife's and step daughter's LTR(M) extension and notice this time that the required documents also appear to ask for (original documents) my step daughter's biological (my interpretation of Other Parent) Birth Certificate and Utility Bill. Why do they need this and how do they expect most divorcees to get their ex to hand over their own current utility bills and original birth certificate?

Technically I could interpret "other parent" as being me - but clearly, as the Spouse of the application they already have my details covers in that appropriate section.

It seems a bizarre process when the Home Office have already established my wife to daughter relationship, our relationship and terms of the divorce between my wife and her ex with a copy of the divorce decree which state's their child's name and date of birth, the first time we applied for the LTR visa.

Has anyone else gone through this? Am I interpreting the requirement wrong?

Thanks

Pip
Old Dec 12th 2017, 4:03 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LTR(M) "other" biological parent's birth certificate and utllity bills required??

It would probably be helpful if you could provide a link to the information you are quoting from.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 7:35 pm
Goooner!

Pipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to all
Default Re: LTR(M) "other" biological parent's birth certificate and utllity bills required??

Its embedded inside the online application - which I obviously can't provide the link to that part (as it's about 4 sections in once you start the application process.

But under the Documents to Provide:

"Birth certificate of both of Miss xxxxxxxxxxxx's parents "

"Evidence of where Miss xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx's other parent lives - such as utility bills"

"Documents provided must be originals"
Old Dec 13th 2017, 9:13 am
Goooner!

and the Home Office Immigration contact line can't tell me either - I have to pay for the advice of an Immigration Lawyer. How sick is that!