Looking for South African families in the UK

Looking for South African families in the UK

Old Jun 13th 2013, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

charl101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for South African families in the UK

Originally Posted by vwbabe
Hi there

Myself, hubby and daughter are wanting to move to the UK and would like to me more SA families to give advice with regards to monthly living expenses

Any advice would be greatlt appreciated

Thanks
Hi we moved to the uk in 2010 and finding it hard to fit in we so home sick my children are all in there teens , 17 year old daughter and my son of 18 and they just as home sick and me and my hubby i would love to make friends in the uk but it not the same as back home so if you know of any family's in county durham way i will really appreciate it thanks
Old Jun 13th 2013, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

vwbabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charl101
Hi we moved to the uk in 2010 and finding it hard to fit in we so home sick my children are all in there teens , 17 year old daughter and my son of 18 and they just as home sick and me and my hubby i would love to make friends in the uk but it not the same as back home so if you know of any family's in county durham way i will really appreciate it thanks
Wow ı can only try ımagıne that you wıll be....what made you move to th uk ıf ı mıght ask
Old Jun 13th 2013, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

If you are looking at saffa expats in the uk then see if something like chief baboon is still up and running. There will be saffas, limbos and rhodies up your way as they Are everywhere.
Go for a walk on a Saturday and home in on the braai smoke
Old Jun 26th 2013, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

GwynethS is an unknown quantity at this point

It's really expensive but worth it. Once you're working here it's more manageable. The big thing to consider, lifestyle wise is that it will be a downgrade in what type of house you live in, but you'll be making more money and be safer. I would say make the move
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Well we gonna gıve ıt a shot, worst that can happen we move back. Would a famıly of 3 be able to survıve on a nett amount of 1500 pounds?
Old Jun 27th 2013, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vwbabe
Well we gonna gıve ıt a shot, worst that can happen we move back. Would a famıly of 3 be able to survıve on a nett amount of 1500 pounds?
Do you mean after rent? If including rent - not a chance!!!
Old Jun 27th 2013, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Location: Beautiful Garden Route of South Africa, hoping to return to equally beautiful Kent soon!
MagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really nice

Originally Posted by dannigirl
Do you mean after rent? If including rent - not a chance!!!
Have to agree unfortunately
Things got really expensive since we lived here in the mid 2000's.

Depending on where you live, you can expect to pay anything from £650 - £1250 pm for a 2 bed flat. (not including central London of course!)

We are in Zone 5 (Kent/London borders) and we struggled to find something for under £1000. Lots of properties get advertised on Rightmove, but the get snapped up as soon as they come on the market. Without a UK credit history, you will also be a less desirable potential tenant! We eventually secured a not so nice flat for £950pm. At least we can move in 6 month's time if we'd want to and with a bit of credit history behind us should be able to find something more suitable.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Would you be able to live on 2000 pounds or what would you suggest is a minimun
Old Jun 27th 2013, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

All depends on where you are planning on living as rent will take up a big part.

There are areas of the country where rents are cheap and you can easily live on 1500 a month. There is a detached 3 bed with gardens etc just down the road from my outlaws at 550 a month. Its a reasonable area with no dramas. Ja it wont have a view of the mountains but its not living in the one of the UKs ethnic ghettos either. Live within your means and 1500 is doable. Bring your tent with you and enjoy weekends away on the cheap cheap as well. Once rent is out of the way; the UK is as expensive as you make it. An Aldi supermarket is half to 2/3rds the price of a Sainsburys shop. A little of it tastes like shit and the washing up liquid is useful for the first 10 seconds it hits the water then the bubbles vanish as does the cleaning ability however you can pick and choose the best bits from the budget stores and the larny stores.
Check out the price of cars and try to arrive with enough to buy a 2nd hand outright to avoid loan repayments.

Of course if you want to live the London dream then you are away with the fairies on a 2k budget
Old Jun 27th 2013, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hahahah thanks for making my eve Tockalosh.....hubbu will hopefully land a job and I will try once I arrive. Its soooo difficult from this side. Dont look like people use Skype to do interviews which is quite strange in this technology driven world. What are the nicest, safest areas in Bromley?
Old Jun 27th 2013, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

I believe Bromley is near Calais so can't be of much help