Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Looking to hire someone to help my elderly parents move back home

Looking to hire someone to help my elderly parents move back home

Old Sep 15th 2016, 2:16 am
Just Joined

Kcaldwel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to hire someone to help my elderly parents move back home

Looking for referrals of services to assist in the process of moving back. Does any such service exist? If so any recommendations? Any help would be appreciated.
Kim
Old Sep 15th 2016, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to hire someone to help my elderly parents move back home

Goodness, you give very little information as to where your parents live, are they British, do they need physical help et etc.

However, have worked out they live in South Africa. So are you looking for recommendations for shipping of personal effects, where to live, what to do once back in the UK with regards banking, health cover etc.

First things first - are they both British citizens? If so, this would mean moving back would be relatively straight forward.
Old Sep 15th 2016, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

As SanDiegogirl says, give us bit more information about what is needed exactly in terms of help.
There are Relocation professionals - I used to be one...
The Association of Relocation professionals: The Association of Relocation Professionals
Although generally they work for corporate relocations, there are some smaller ones who will do individual relocation which can include visas or liaison with visa agents, orientation,shipping contents of home, short term acccommodation, property finding, negotiating rental contracts, assistance signing up with GP's .... and many other issues that the relocating individual has to deal with.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 2:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I am closing this thread as OP has opened a similar thread here.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/movin...g-back-883342/