Reload this Page >

Is Leighton buzzard a good area to live

Is Leighton buzzard a good area to live

Old Feb 17th 2017, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Otilia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is Leighton buzzard a good area to live

Hi All

I am looking for a place to live which is near london and easy for commuter and i came across Leighton buzzard and i was wondering if anyone can tell me if its a good place to stay with kids.
Thank you
Old Feb 17th 2017, 12:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Leighton buzzard a good area to live

Used to be ok. Not been there in a fair while but used to be a nice enough town, beautiful countryside all around. MK shopping centre down the road. Have no idea of the commute times these days but I used to work with a fair few who came in to London from there and beyond. It was further than I did and mine was long enough. The idea gives me the hives.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Otilia is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for that, i really appreciate it, according to google it says 30-35 minutes to london.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 12:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Otilia
Thank you for that, i really appreciate it, according to google it says 30-35 minutes to london.
Really? Wow, I guess that much further out you'd get more fast trains cutting out the smaller stations. Depending on how far you'd be from the station and how far the office is from Euston it may be an ok commute. It is a lovely part of the world.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Leighton Buzzard...home of The Barron Knights.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Barron_Knights

I haven't been there for more years than Moneypenny so cannot comment on the place but...when Barron Anthony (Tony Osmond) started a skiffle group on a military troopship destined for Singapore...I was his original washboard player.
After his RAF service he returned to his home in Leighton and the Barron Knights group was formed. I decided on a different career path and only ever visited Leighton to get drunk with my old pals.
I recall Leighton Buzzard has some great pubs!!!
Old Feb 20th 2017, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

jalby1992 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is okay but it is next to Dunstable and Luton where gun crime is picking up a lot it is not often main news headlines but if you google it you can see. I grew up around Dunstable a lot of drugs and theft mainly vehicle thefts. If you think your kids may be influenced I would move slightly out the way to St Albans or Milton Keynes. It is a lot cheaper for a reason.

PS I grew up around there as my friend moved in like 2006 until 2010 he got in some nasty circles was a nice lad before so I don't see him nowadays. A lot of people from North London Estates were relocated to Dunstable, I didn't see or hear of any heavy drug use, but there is a lot of cannabis and farms

Last edited by jalby1992; Feb 20th 2017 at 2:09 pm. Reason: Additional Info
Old Feb 20th 2017, 11:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by jalby1992
It is okay but it is next to Dunstable and Luton where gun crime is picking up a lot it is not often main news headlines but if you google it you can see. I grew up around Dunstable a lot of drugs and theft mainly vehicle thefts. If you think your kids may be influenced I would move slightly out the way to St Albans or Milton Keynes. It is a lot cheaper for a reason.

PS I grew up around there as my friend moved in like 2006 until 2010 he got in some nasty circles was a nice lad before so I don't see him nowadays. A lot of people from North London Estates were relocated to Dunstable, I didn't see or hear of any heavy drug use, but there is a lot of cannabis and farms
St Albans is getting to be one of the most expensive towns/cities in Britain and I'm pretty sure there's as much of a drug problem there and MK as in LB. No idea on gun crime. Not heard about it from friends and family in the area.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Diddidi is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to live there - in Linslade which is just next door/part of LB. If you can, I'd recommend the villages in and around the area - they are quieter but it's lovely there and just a short hop into town if you need. As someone else said, MK is not that far so perfect for shopping, entertainment etc.
Old Feb 26th 2017, 4:44 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I used to live in Linslade too. When we left 10 years ago the park opposite us was getting a bit rough, we'd had bottles thrown at the house a few times, and LB town centre was rough on a Saturday night.the police used horses to herd the nightclub crowd.

That said I know people who live there now and they love it. They moved from west London.

I used to commute and it was fine, especially living in Linslade where the station is. I'd be ok living there again but I wouldn't chose a house opposite asbo park.