Left at 15

Old Feb 15th 2017, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Left at 15

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
No it doesn't.
From Australian Gov't website...make of it what you want but I'd call that a strict control....
When I used to fly in-out Australia those requirements were administered and some people were caught just because of ignorance on how Australian customs applied those rules. I've no idea on what happens these days... maybe they're more relaxed. Knowing is better than having your medicine confiscated just because of an administrative rule than was not complied with.
That was my point of reference.

The traveller's exemption allows people entering Australia to carry their medicines and medical devices with them for their use or the use of an immediate family member.
Follow these simple rules to make sure you don't get caught up at the border:
Find out whether your medicine needs a permit by seeing if it's listed on the Office of Drug Control website (link is external). If the medicine you are bringing in is on the page (e.g. testosterone, DHEA), you must apply for an Inbound Travellers Permit. Contact [email protected] (link sends e-mail) for information on how to apply.
Don't bring medicines or medical devices into Australia for anyone other than yourself or an immediate family member.
For prescription medicines, bring the prescription with you or have a letter from your doctor that outlines what you are taking and how much you are bringing with you.
Keep the original packaging for your medicines and medical devices intact so they can be easily identified.
Do not bring more than a 3 month supply with you.
Check what medicines need to be declared at the border at the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website. (link is external) You must declare any medicines which may be subject to abuse or misuse. This includes steroids, strong pain medicines, cannabis and other restricted medicines.
Injections that contain material of human or animal origin, such as growth hormone, require special permission to bring into the country. An Australian doctor must organise access for you through the Special Access Scheme. You do not need permission to bring insulin with you for personal use."

Last edited by Davita; Feb 15th 2017 at 11:02 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Well codeine is an opiate and codeine-dependency has become a major issue.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 11:03 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Well codeine is an opiate and codeine-dependency has become a major issue.
I was comparing Singapore's drug import restrictions with Australia's.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
not a chance & you know it

Back in the 60's, even early 70's the flight attendants walked through the aircraft after it landed spraying everything & everyone. Cough cough cough, especially when added to all the second hand cigarette smoke on board... those were the days
Promise not to turn this thread into an ex airline thread, but I dread to think what the aircraft were sprayed with in Africa in the 1960's when I was working there as a stewardess. I really have just started coughing!

Sorry to OP for digressing, just bought back memories.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 12:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davita
From Australian Gov't website...make of it what you want but I'd call that a strict control....
When I used to fly in-out Australia those requirements were administered and some people were caught just because of ignorance on how Australian customs applied those rules. I've no idea on what happens these days... maybe they're more relaxed. Knowing is better than having your medicine confiscated just because of an administrative rule than was not complied with.
That was my point of reference.

The traveller's exemption allows people entering Australia to carry their medicines and medical devices with them for their use or the use of an immediate family member.
Follow these simple rules to make sure you don't get caught up at the border:
Find out whether your medicine needs a permit by seeing if it's listed on the Office of Drug Control website (link is external). If the medicine you are bringing in is on the page (e.g. testosterone, DHEA), you must apply for an Inbound Travellers Permit. Contact [email protected] (link sends e-mail) for information on how to apply.
Don't bring medicines or medical devices into Australia for anyone other than yourself or an immediate family member.
For prescription medicines, bring the prescription with you or have a letter from your doctor that outlines what you are taking and how much you are bringing with you.
Keep the original packaging for your medicines and medical devices intact so they can be easily identified.
Do not bring more than a 3 month supply with you.
Check what medicines need to be declared at the border at the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website. (link is external) You must declare any medicines which may be subject to abuse or misuse. This includes steroids, strong pain medicines, cannabis and other restricted medicines.
Injections that contain material of human or animal origin, such as growth hormone, require special permission to bring into the country. An Australian doctor must organise access for you through the Special Access Scheme. You do not need permission to bring insulin with you for personal use."
Those 'simple rules' seem pretty straightforward and commonplace around the world from my experience. I don't know anyone who's been challenged regarding the prescription meds they bring in and out of Aus. Between me and my daughter we carry a fair few and the only time we have had to carry proof is transiting through Dubai.

Anyway, as a previous poster said, all a bit off topic so apologies to the OP.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Those 'simple rules' seem pretty straightforward and commonplace around the world from my experience. I don't know anyone who's been challenged regarding the prescription meds they bring in and out of Aus. Between me and my daughter we carry a fair few and the only time we have had to carry proof is transiting through Dubai.
With your experience (my highlight) I'd suggest you warn others visiting Dubai...just as I'm trying to warn visitors to Australia.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 1:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I was comparing Singapore's drug import restrictions with Australia's.
I remember some years ago an Australian woman was arrested in Singapore for possessing tabs containing codeine. It took some time before the Australian government secured her release. I left my migraine meds at home when I went to Sing for that very reason.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Nicolamichelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Y'all crack me up. I get it both ways, oh you are from England do you know so and so, I just nod politely now. Oh you live in FL do you know blah blah blah....

What are social security payments?

Oh and stop talking about Australia....mmmkay.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 4:53 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicolamichelle
Y'all crack me up. I get it both ways, oh you are from England do you know so and so, I just nod politely now. Oh you live in FL do you know blah blah blah....

What are social security payments?

Oh and stop talking about Australia....mmmkay.
Fair warning, thats the way it goes around & comes around on BE with most threads getting derailed.

Simple as 'can we get back on track'

Right, so what was it you were wanting to know about that already hasn't been covered?
Old Feb 16th 2017, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

An attempt at humor denied, must .... not ..... try ..... again... (unless I up my use of emojis)

Been on forums for 20 yrs, I love it when threads get off track, shows character.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 5:34 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

An attempt at humor denied, must .... not ..... try ..... again... (unless I up my use of emojis)

Been on forums for 20 yrs, I love it when threads get off track, shows character.
gobsmacked on that one
Old Feb 16th 2017, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

It happens to the best of us at times.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 5:41 pm
Dichotomus tinker

I left at 15 and have spent the 30 yrs in the US.

If I left as a child can I work or get healthcare if I come back?
With a valid up to date British passport, simple answer is yes.

How you go about doing it could take up to at least 20 pages of Q&A's, before adding in any of the drailing responses
Old Feb 16th 2017, 6:11 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Well I laughed
Old Feb 16th 2017, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

I thought this thread topic ran its course around post #5 when the OP appeared to be satisfied with the answers...
So, can we please not go off general topic with recent skirmishes into humour... and continue the debate of who knows who in FL and UK; the banking systems; jokes about the English; Customs/Immigration in Aussie, Dubai, Singapore, Africa and how to get high from Codeine.....

One learns so much more when threads become de-railed. Now, have I told the story of...Oh! wait...I'll start a new thread....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.