Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I've questions about British society, thinking of moving to an Anglosphere country

I've questions about British society, thinking of moving to an Anglosphere country

Old Jul 14th 2017, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

whocares386 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I've questions about British society, thinking of moving to an Anglosphere countr

I appreciate all of your valuable comments for me.

Originally Posted by Richard8655
I think Novocastrian's suggestion about Germany is a good one. The Turkish community there is huge and could be very helpful to get established in an EU country.

But I'd advise to complete your university studies in Turkey with a degree in computer science. Then possibly get some work experience in that field there while also taking English courses. That'll make you much more valuable as an in-demand skilled worker for sponsorship on a work visa in many countries, including UK. Your chances to meet your objectives would be vastly improved.
I'm sure studying in Turkey is not a good idea. As I said before, Anatolian culture can't teach me science, there is no debate habit in the Anatolia. Education has been getting worse since 1950s.

Studying in Turkey will be easy for me but I don't want to go to the university to get a degree, I want to have deep knowledge in computer science, theoretical computing.. etc.

Originally Posted by LondonSquirrel
The UK does have a state religion, Church of England. However it even says in the literature you have to study to gain permanent residency (Life in the UK) that anyone is free to practice any religion, or no religion at all. Former prime minister Tony Blair is Catholic and Mayor of London Sidiq Khan is Muslim. Religion is not forced on anyone, and where oaths are administered, such as giving evidence in court, becoming a British citizen etc, there is a choice to take it with or without bringing God into it. At my husband's citizenship ceremony there were about 25 new citizens, and they were split about 60/40% swearing by God or without. (DH chose the religious oath). In court you can swear on the Bible, any other holy book, or just afirm without any religious reference.
So, which Anglosphere country will be good choice for me ? I think increasing of Muslims in Europe is one of the most dangerous thing in the Europe especially in the future Britain not seems good, according to those results:

< link snipped . nothing to do with this topic or thread >

I also have no idea what do Brits think about immigrants ? I know British society have no problem with secular, atheist people (correct me if I'm wrong).

Should I consider to go to the USA ? There is no racism against to white immigrants because it is a country which is founded by immigrants and also it is a country which has Separation of church and state principal. New England territory seems proper for me.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 15th 2017 at 11:19 am. Reason: as per above snip.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 8:11 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've questions about British society, thinking of moving to an Anglosphere countr

Must be troll week.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 11:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by whocares386
So, which Anglosphere country will be good choice for me ?
Germany seems to be the country suggested to you as a good choice.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Richard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure studying in Turkey is not a good idea. As I said before, Anatolian culture can't teach me science, there is no debate habit in the Anatolia. Education has been getting worse since 1950s.

Studying in Turkey will be easy for me but I don't want to go to the university to get a degree, I want to have deep knowledge in computer science, theoretical computing.. etc.
Well, we all tried with the best of our collective knowledge and wisdom.

I don't know what local culture has to do with computer science. Programming/computer engineering (hardware and software) are pretty much standard everywhere and for that reason a valuable international skillset. To say you don't want a degree eliminates the skilled worker option by and large... pretty much the best route and best way to get the deep theoretical knowledge you're looking for.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Get a degree in Turkey and then think of moving.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Get a degree in Turkey and then think of moving.
Agreed.
But if Turkey is impossible for some political reason, and you have very little money then look to Eastern Europe where costs are low and scholarships exist.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Germany seems to be the country suggested to you as a good choice.
Germany wants skilled people with a degree who can speak the language.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

I'll apply for the Diversity Lottery for the U.S when I'm 18 years old, maybe I can get it. I'll try that 2-3 times. I also will be saved money.

I think USA will be better choice for me, Britain seems quite nice and it has secular society but it's population increasing and it is not a big country especially Muslims increasing in there.

In the USA, New England territory seems proper for me at least schools have no problem with evolution I heard southeastern states called as a Bible belt. Some of them have no evolution curriculum. But I know north-east expensive in the U.S.

Also which state would you suggest me in the New England territory ? New Hampshire, Massachusetts?

Thanks.

Last edited by whocares386; Jul 16th 2017 at 7:11 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 8:49 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Must be troll week.
I now think so too.

I'll apply for the Diversity Lottery for the U.S when I'm 18 years old, maybe I can get it. I'll try that 2-3 times. I also will be saved money.

I think USA will be better choice for me, Britain seems quite nice and it has secular society but it's population increasing and it is not a big country especially Muslims increasing in there.

In the USA, New England territory seems proper for me at least schools have no problem with evolution I heard southeastern states called as a Bible belt. Some of them have no evolution curriculum. But I know north-east expensive in the U.S.

Also which state would you suggest me in the New England territory ? New Hampshire, Massachusetts?

Thanks.
Gozitangoinghome99, now known simply as Gozit, was the last 17 year old we had on here. He might see this thread and reflect.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I now think so too.

Gozitangoinghome99, now known simply as Gozit, was the last 17 year old we had on here. He might see this thread and reflect.
Can you tell me some logical reasons that makes me troll ? What am I supposed to ask here ? I'm just looking legal ways, except of the education and Diversity Lottery is one of them. I'll go to the university but it is just after the permanent residence because I'll be needed money for my education.

Anyway, I appreciate all of the guys-ladies here that helped me here. Thank you very much.

I'll move to somehow to the an Anglosphere country. I'll be alone in this journey, I'll try to make logical decisions on this journey.

This is my last post here, I won't write here again.

Take care of yourself.

Regards,
Old Jul 17th 2017, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

In case you do see this, just wanted to say that the US is the same as the UK, in that before they grant you a student visa, they will want to see that you have enough money to pay for your tuition and living expenses. (Not cheap as a non resident). You may be able to get a bursary. Certainly the university where I work give out bursaries. But you wouldn't get it until you arrive, so you wouldn't be able to use it for the student visa. At least I think so. You could try researching it. Maybe a letter confirming that you are getting a bursary would work for the student visa. Massachusetts is a great place to study, but I believe that if you want to work part time to supplement your income, the US student visa is more strict about that. I could be wrong but I think working is allowed on-campus only. The UK student visa allows you to work up to 20 hours a week in most any job.

I'm not sure why people have decided you are a troll. I think it's because you are from a Muslim country but you don't like Islam. However I know that is not so rare. The guy who runs our local cafe is from Algeria. But he hates Arabic even though he's fluent in it, and prefers French. He sees himself as European rather than African, and I have heard it said that most Tunisians feel this way too.