It's Decided! We are moving back!

Old Mar 16th 2015, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Cilllah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It's Decided! We are moving back!

Something I had always wanted to do but put it in the back of my mind as I didn't want to leave friends and family. Had a dream I was back in England a few weeks ago and I have been obsessed ever since.

I'm actually Australian and my husband is English. We lived in the UK for a year and now in Aus for three. I miss the UK though. There's just so much more to do, see, explore. So much more culture. I love it. Europe, pets. The houses.

So it's set. Once my husband has his citizenship in two years we will go. We are spending this year paying off the last of our debt which will be done by June and then the other half of the year saving for a baby. Then the year after if I go at my current saving rate I will have 20k saved.

I'm feeling positive. Though we do need to fly with a heavy 50kg dog and two cats so I am worried about that..

At work today I've written a list of prep for England, ideal house, pets, things to do in Aus before we leave (fun), bills and well I'm just sorted. As well as everything we need for the baby.

It's gonna be a long wait but bring on the next few years!
Old Mar 16th 2015, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's Decided! We are moving back!

Will you be able to get a visa to live in UK long term? That's often a sticking point for non EU spouses. You've a while to get that sorted though.

Good Luck! Once you've made your decision it's quite a relief to be working towards it!
Old Mar 16th 2015, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quoll
Will you be able to get a visa to live in UK long term? That's often a sticking point for non EU spouses. You've a while to get that sorted though.

Good Luck! Once you've made your decision it's quite a relief to be working towards it!
We will just go the spouse visa route as we will meet the requirements.

Otherwise my mother is French and I can go that way!
Old Mar 16th 2015, 3:15 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cilllah
We will just go the spouse visa route as we will meet the requirements.

If I could get a EU passport I certainly wouldn't bother with the hassle and expense of coming into the UK through the family immigration system.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 4:56 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: It's Decided! We are moving back!

I'm pretty sure that it will be much cheaper (and quicker) for you to get a French EU passport than paying for - and the hassle of more form filling - a spousal visa.

Personally I would definitely go for the passport option. I think it would probably be easier to register for a doctor and open a bank account etc. in the UK with an EU passport too.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I'm pretty sure that it will be much cheaper (and quicker) for you to get a French EU passport than paying for - and the hassle of more form filling - a spousal visa.

Personally I would definitely go for the passport option. I think it would probably be easier to register for a doctor and open a bank account etc. in the UK with an EU passport too.
What if the UK pulls out of the European community, then what?
Old Mar 16th 2015, 5:13 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: It's Decided! We are moving back!

Originally Posted by cheers
What if the UK pulls out of the European community, then what?
I just can't see it happening tbh.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 5:36 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

Easier for just about everything.

The spousal route of multiple visas of short time frames doesn't make integration into life easy at all.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

philwood has a spectacular aura aboutphilwood has a spectacular aura aboutphilwood has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations on making your decision - it all sounds very positive. Just keep focused and you should be fine. Plan ahead and don't let things get in the way. You've done well to give yourself plenty of time, not only for planning but also for thinking things through properly - something which really must be done with a big decision like this.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
If I could get a EU passport I certainly wouldn't bother with the hassle and expense of coming into the UK through the family immigration system.
I'd agree but every single time I call the embassy they don't answer and we aren't making progress! Guess I'll keep trying!
Old Mar 16th 2015, 10:17 pm
WhiteRabbit

I'd agree but every single time I call the embassy they don't answer and we aren't making progress! Guess I'll keep trying!
Maybe BritInParis will see this thread. I bet he can help you figure it out.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
Maybe BritInParis will see this thread. I bet he can help you figure it out.
Thanks

I've just emailed the Australian embassy in France and the France one in Australia. I'll call after work and see if they answer .

If I am in the UK on a EU passport I can settle and do anything, right?
Old Mar 16th 2015, 10:59 pm
WhiteRabbit

Thanks

I've just emailed the Australian embassy in France and the France one in Australia. I'll call after work and see if they answer .

If I am in the UK on a EU passport I can settle and do anything, right?
Yes you can.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

The Aussie embassy in France told me I need to contact the French Authorities. Uhhh
Old Mar 18th 2015, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Argh. My Grandma hasn't recorded my mum into her book.

If I get my mums birth certificate and my Grandmas. Surely it proves my mother is French and I can get some kind of identity document. I'm so confused as the information is different everywhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.