Issued Tier 2 General but

Old May 29th 2016, 2:33 am
Just Joined

Aneeliyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Issued Tier 2 General but

Hi. I got Tier 2 General visa for me and family which is valid from 24-6-2016 but I have booked tickets and hotels for 13th June. So I cant travel on 13th June but I have visitors Visa type C multi. can I travel on visitor visa on 13th June and on 23rd June I exit to Ireland and re-enter UK on 25th June? Is this possible? The reason is I will have to start work from 1st July and I need to go bit earlier to look for house and schools for my kids.

Thanks
Old May 30th 2016, 9:37 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Issued Tier 2 General but

Originally Posted by Aneeliyo
Hi. I got Tier 2 General visa for me and family which is valid from 24-6-2016 but I have booked tickets and hotels for 13th June. So I cant travel on 13th June but I have visitors Visa type C multi. can I travel on visitor visa on 13th June and on 23rd June I exit to Ireland and re-enter UK on 25th June? Is this possible? The reason is I will have to start work from 1st July and I need to go bit earlier to look for house and schools for my kids.

Thanks
What passport do you hold?
Old May 30th 2016, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
What passport do you hold?
Indian passport
Old May 30th 2016, 11:22 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Indian passport
The problem you'll have that there are no border controls between Ireland and the UK so you'll need to travel outside the Common Travel Area in order to be stamped back into the UK on your Tier 2 visa. As an Indian passport holder you will have difficulty travelling to another country without a visa so you may need to fly back to India.
Old May 30th 2016, 11:42 am
Just Joined

The problem you'll have that there are no border controls between Ireland and the UK so you'll need to travel outside the Common Travel Area in order to be stamped back into the UK on your Tier 2 visa. As an Indian passport holder you will have difficulty travelling to another country without a visa so you may need to fly back to India.
Can you suggest any alternative place to fly? So that i can arrage a visitors visa from Bangkok
Old May 30th 2016, 11:45 am

Can you suggest any alternative place to fly? So that i can arrage a visitors visa from Bangkok
Anywhere outside the CTA would be fine so whichever is cheapest/easiest to organise a visa for. A Schengen visitor visa would give you plenty of choices for cheap flights within Europe or a Eurostar train from London to Brussels or Paris.
Old May 30th 2016, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Anywhere outside the CTA would be fine so whichever is cheapest/easiest to organise a visa for. A Schengen visitor visa would give you plenty of choices for cheap flights within Europe or a Eurostar train from London to Brussels or Paris.
Excellent advice.. Thanks so much