Irene

Old Aug 26th 2011, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

BellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irene

Originally Posted by Rete
Well it is to pass over mid-long island on Sunday so that means the McArthur, LaGuardia and JFK will be closed, if not for rain, then certainly for wind. It is then to be going to Connecticut which will leave out Hartford for landing and then up to mid-Massachusetts.

Philly will be getting some rain and winds but if it stays on track they will not get the blunt of it by a long shot.
Except today we have a hurricane warning posted for Philadelphia (something I've never seen before). I would not expect the Philadelphia Airport to be open on Sunday.

The USAirways website has some advisories up about Irene. You can also sign up for text and e-mail alerts on their website so you will know straight away if the GLA to PHL flight is delayed or cancelled.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 3:26 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
OK now that one is showing your age, or you hung out with the grandparents a lot.
We used to have Mitch Miller albums when I was a kid, my grandparents watched Lawrence Welk.

I just looked up an album that I had as a kid that I thought sure that Good Night Irene was on- Note that there are some Brit songs in the list.....

45 Songs Childrten Love to Sing
Jim Crack Corn --
Blue Tail Fly --
I gave my love a cherry --
Foggy, foggy dew --
Grandfather's clock --
Sweet and low --
The Campbells are coming --
Comin' through the rye --
My Bonnie lies over the ocean --
Annie Laurie --
Loch Lomond --
Polly wolly doodle --
Sweet Betsy from Pike --
Irene --
Clementine --
Get along little doggie --
Red River Valley --
Old Chisholm trail --
Jessie James --
Oh! bury me not on the lone prairie --
Big Rock Candy mountain --
On top of old Smokey --
She'll be coming 'round the mountain. (Cont.) Poor little buttercup --
Tit willow --
The band played on --
Skip to my Lou --
Turkey in the straw --
Buffalo gal --
There'll be a hot time in the old town tonight --
This old man --
I've been working on the railroad --
Down in the valley --
America the beautiful --
The Star spangled banner --
A warrior bold --
Sailing, sailing --
The British grenadier --
When Johnny comes marching home again --
Animal fair --
Mr. Froggie went a-courtin' --
Listen to the mocking bird --
All through the night --
Brahm's lullaby --Sleep, baby, sleep.

Last edited by cindyabs; Aug 26th 2011 at 3:29 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 3:32 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BellaE
A friend of mine posted on Facebook that her son's piano teacher must have a sense of humour, as his piece to learn for this week is "Good Night Irene."
Just saw this one-
Attached Thumbnails Irene-r-hurricane-irene-large570.jpg  
Old Aug 26th 2011, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I was supposed to be flying from Glasgow to Philly on Sunday which obviously ain't happening. After having spent an hour waiting on the phone for Orbitz, they tell me they can't reschedule my flight, and that I have to call US Airways. So I call USAir and wait for about 15min, and then the rep says he has to transfer me to their Reissuing Dept. I hear the beep that says I've been transferred, and the new message says "your wait time is currently 40minutes".

Well finally got through, and I've changed my flight to Friday. I could have gone back on Monday, but I figured since we don't know how much damage there could be, I didn't want to have to reschedule again in case the airport was still closed. Plus, that means I get to stay here with the hubby for another few days.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hey Frank...have you still got that spare room ready for me?

Hi Jersey:

The Bed is made.

90f & very bright sunshine, right now.

Stay safe, keep your heads down.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
And ice. With so many above-ground power cables, such a hurricane will inevitably cause significant power outages that will take time to restore.
Ice, what we have we have, enough for few Pina Colada's. No A/C, if power goes out, now that would be tough.

Reg Frank R.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
I was supposed to be flying from Glasgow to Philly on Sunday which obviously ain't happening. After having spent an hour waiting on the phone for Orbitz, they tell me they can't reschedule my flight, and that I have to call US Airways. So I call USAir and wait for about 15min, and then the rep says he has to transfer me to their Reissuing Dept. I hear the beep that says I've been transferred, and the new message says "your wait time is currently 40minutes".

Well finally got through, and I've changed my flight to Friday. I could have gone back on Monday, but I figured since we don't know how much damage there could be, I didn't want to have to reschedule again in case the airport was still closed. Plus, that means I get to stay here with the hubby for another few days.
Well that's a definite plus. How do you like it over there?
Old Aug 26th 2011, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone has bought a petrol stand by generator remember to put some fuel stabiliser in the tank which is reccomended for ethanol as if it left unstarted for a couple of months the carb will be clogged with the residue from ethanol.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

BellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Ice, what we have we have, enough for few Pina Colada's. No A/C, if power goes out, now that would be tough.
plus if the power goes out, you can't run the blender to make the pina coladas...

We embarrassed our son by saying that if the power went out, we'd just go to bed. I really don't know why that embarrassed him - what does he think Mum and Dad do in bed anyway?
Old Aug 26th 2011, 5:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Hi Jersey:

The Bed is made.

90f & very bright sunshine, right now.

Stay safe, keep your heads down.

Reg. Frank R.
See you in a few days then.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 5:30 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

All units, Irene. I say again, Irene.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
Well that's a definite plus. How do you like it over there?
So far, so good. I still have to come back to the US to apply for my visa, then head back here permanently. I just hope I can find work pretty quickly so I can feel more settled.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
So far, so good. I still have to come back to the US to apply for my visa, then head back here permanently. I just hope I can find work pretty quickly so I can feel more settled.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly for you
Old Aug 26th 2011, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Take care everyone that is affected by Irene. Please keep in touch with us so we know you are ok.....be safe.....we're thinking about you...
Old Aug 26th 2011, 8:23 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

The governor has ordered that NYC mass transit shut down as noon tomorrow. They're determined that folks will stay home!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.