Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

"I'm On My Way"............

"I'm On My Way"............

Old Jun 4th 2007, 2:41 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute
Default "I'm On My Way"............

(to quote a Proclaimer's song title)

Bit the bullet. Bought one-way flights to Glasgow on Saturday for July 16th.

I've got too much going on in my head to be happy at the moment, more upheaval but it is for the best.

It's weird but leaving your home country for a while to live somewhere else is one of the best things you can do, and yet at the same time it is one of the worst things that you will ever do.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "I'm On My Way"............

Originally Posted by mackinnon

I've got too much going on in my head to be happy at the moment, more upheaval but it is for the best.

It's weird but leaving your home country for a while to live somewhere else is one of the best things you can do, and yet at the same time it is one of the worst things that you will ever do.
Totally with you on that one.
Good luck going home.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

I know the feeling well! How long have you been in Oz?

All the best with your move back home.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:01 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

We'll only be five days behind you.

The upheaval's only a short term thing. Best wishes that you're happier on the other side.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:18 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

and we will be 15 days behind you!!! lol

it will be a mass walk out!!...........

joking apart, very best wishes, keep us updated
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:20 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandtooz

Hmmmm. That gives me an idea for a thread.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:21 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Hmmmm. That gives me an idea for a thread.

oh tell us more!?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:30 am
Cup of tea, Father?

oh tell us more!?
Not that interesting! New thread submitted.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

there is one thing that immediately rings to mind and that is quote' from happiness from misery ah ha', if your feeling anything like us. Good luck , o'the beest. Wish it was us. We have all those mixed feeling waiting to come.

sj x
Old Jun 4th 2007, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

megansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly will as im aiming to go either this week or next. Shame we are not all on the same flight!! LOL
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:50 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done on "Biting the bullet"
Old Jun 4th 2007, 1:33 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck mackinnon, hope it all works out for you.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:35 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Wish it was as easy as that for me. All the best guys.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

zig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to beholdzig_zag is a splendid one to behold

All the best
Old Jun 9th 2007, 6:28 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

I've been hearing that the sun is out over Scotland at the moment - must be happy you're coming back, lol!!

IKWYM: some days I wish I'd never been to that bloody country, then I'd be happy here, in my ignorance!

But it usually passes. I reckon it's also a good thing sometimes to go back to your country of origin and suffer there a few years (as I am currently doing!) because it sorts out the wheat from the chaff. Rather than waivering my determination to return to Scotland has only got stronger with the passing months...

Aye up lad, have a good trip back! I think one of the other things that can come up from living o/seas is that when you go back you get to see everything with new eyes, and you want to see everything you never had time for previously...so you best head up to Skye first chance you get! If you go to Portree, head into the Camanachd as there should be a wee local guy working there who's got a bit of an Aussie twang. Thump him for me!!

Last edited by saoghalbeag; Jun 9th 2007 at 6:29 am. Reason: can't spell!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.