Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Im currently working to meet threshold requirements can my wife and son visit me?

Im currently working to meet threshold requirements can my wife and son visit me?

Old Oct 25th 2017, 1:48 am
Uka
Just Joined

Uka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Im currently working to meet threshold requirements can my wife and son visit me?

So my situation is that I moved back to iraq and got married there, i have tried to make it work but have failed miserably. My only option was to leave my wife and son and go to the uk to work, I am currently earning £1600 a month and have received one months payslip, its been really difficult for me to be apart from my family but I guess its gotta be done. Fortunately i applied for my sons British passport and after 9 months of waiting I received it as he is (British by decent). My wife or i do not have strong ties to iraq, though I want her to visit me on a family visit visa.
Question 1: is my income enough (19200) to sponsor my wife though having a child?

Question 2: can my wife visit me on the basis that im working towards a settlement visa and would not jeopardize an overstay as this means a 10 year ban and also i have £8000 in savings held over a year and currently earning £1600 a month?

Thanks so much,
I await your replies!

Last edited by Uka; Oct 25th 2017 at 2:04 am.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 10:36 am
Just Joined

SJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im currently working to meet threshold requirements can my wife and son visit me?

Hi, the minimum income requirement if you have no kids is £18,600 and it raises by £3,800 to £22,400 if you have one child. If you have substantial savings, or sources of income from somewhere else then this can go toward the total amount, but it has to be documented.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income

I doubt they will let your wife visit because of the risk of her not returning. The UK is extremely strict and harsh when it comes to bringing your non-EU spouse into the country. I have a Turkish fiance and I cannot bring her to the UK permanently because my salary is below the income requirement.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 10:47 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im currently working to meet threshold requirements can my wife and son visit me?

Originally Posted by SJones76
Hi, the minimum income requirement if you have no kids is £18,600 and it raises by £3,800 to £22,400 if you have one child. If you have substantial savings, or sources of income from somewhere else then this can go toward the total amount, but it has to be documented.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income

I doubt they will let your wife visit because of the risk of her not returning. The UK is extremely strict and harsh when it comes to bringing your non-EU spouse into the country. I have a Turkish fiance and I cannot bring her to the UK permanently because my salary is below the income requirement.
As he is getting his son a British Passport then the son must be a British Citizen and therefore he will not need to be included in the financial requirements, so it's back to the £18,600 needed.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 11:01 am
Just Joined

SJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond reputeSJones76 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I just read this. Also, apparently you need to have at least 6 months of payslips showing you earn £18,600 or above.

This is a good account to read of the whole process.

A Guide to the Spouse Visa Application 2016! - Turkish Life CafeTurkish Life Cafe

It really doesn't seem simple at all, and very expensive. This girl spent £4000 in total bringing her Turkish hubby to UK.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

With regard the original question regarding wife and son visiting husband in the UK, wife and son would need very strong ties to Iraq to ensure them returning.

With a husband in the UK the likelihood of getting a visitor visa is low.