Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

If you moved back to the UK today, what would you miss?

If you moved back to the UK today, what would you miss?

Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:52 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you moved back to the UK today, what would you miss?

My mates
Car
House
Job
Fast food more variety here.
The coastline
Tahoe
Yosemite
San Francisco
More TV channels
Weather
The malls
Napa Valley
Overall lifestyle

I guess it would of been easier to put everything lol
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve100100
I'd rather move to Russia before I went back to the UK, but anyway: Weather, friendly people, choice, outdoor activities like the water park for example, driving on the open road, the lack of claustrophobia, big skies, there's more things to do here, value for money, I feel safer here, people have more respect for each other here, thanksgiving holiday, going to watch sports and be able to sit in my seat with a beer, being able to walk home from the bar at midnight without being hassled by gangs of drunken louts, never carrying cash and paying for everything with my debit card, our house.
where were you from in the UK?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Not being able to pump fuel, set the catch, and wash my windows.
You would miss "not being able to ... " or "being able to ... " ?

I am not quite sure which you mean but, whichever it is, you don't have to go back to the UK to miss it - moving to another state such as either California or Oregon (depending on precisely what it is that you miss) should be sufficient.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice

Originally Posted by TruBrit
where were you from in the UK?
Cannock, South Staffs

famous of course for being the home town of one Stanley Collymore.

Last edited by steve100100; Oct 9th 2008 at 9:59 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:58 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

that's interesting you would say that....I have found people here to be much more respectful towards each other than in the UK and I live not too far from Greenville....
Been in Georgia for most of my time here (moved to Texas in July) so most of my experience is from the East. The older generation are very intolerant there.

Texas certainly appears to be more tolerant but can't say for sure yet (when you work from home, you don't get to meet many people). I'll let you know when the local church folk come a knocking.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:00 pm
Account Closed

Cannock, South Staffs
oh ok, i was just curious as it sounded a bit of a rough area from your post.

great you are enjoying texas
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

The NFL Sunday ticket and Direct TV.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice

oh ok, i was just curious as it sounded a bit of a rough area from your post.

great you are enjoying texas
Cannock town centre at night is the armpit of hell.

I love TX! I'm in DFW, so we don't get quite the humidity of Houston :-)
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

Cannock, South Staffs

famous of course for being the home town of one Stanley Collymore.
just saw collymore....he was a good lad for us at LIVERPOOL
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

no, it's that bit drier...good for you.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

just saw collymore....he was a good lad for us at LIVERPOOL
yes, not bad. I'm a Villa fan, that's where he went off the rails
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:02 am
Just Joined

nannycara is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Applebees...? Quite the bon viveur...
Man! I am from ESSEX!!!! I come from benfleet which is right between BASILDON AND SOUTHEND! Applebee's is 5 star man! LOL
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:23 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Right on red....transposed to Left in the UK

I could get by without everything else.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:25 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Been in Georgia for most of my time here (moved to Texas in July) so most of my experience is from the East. The older generation are very intolerant there.

Texas certainly appears to be more tolerant but can't say for sure yet (when you work from home, you don't get to meet many people). I'll let you know when the local church folk come a knocking.
How's tricks? And how you liking it down there?
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Where in DFW ? We're in Aledo (just west of FW) and lovin' it!

I'd miss...peaceful Xmas' (as if in the UK we'd have to visit family)
Iced Tea
Summer evenings in downtown FW
the wildlife (possums, armadillos, cayotes....not so much the snakes tho')
American HS Football
water parks (that you know you're going to be able to use whenever you want cos the weather is fab)
Being able to get to the Carribbean without being jet lagged
My house
the list is endless really..but I'm tired so I'm off to bed....Ooo..I'd miss my bed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.