Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How is UK.....Really?

Originally Posted by Grayling
I can assure you....where I live is luxury to most

G
I don't doubt you.
I find it even harder to believe that someone who lives in luxury to appreciate what North End has to offer. Perhaps it's the Sunday meat raffle at the Pelham??
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:37 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daisylilymum
Really? I don't agree. I think a lot of places in the UK are nicer than places in Oz, but Northend is not one of them. And I am a UK lover
I'm not saying I would want to live there but I really don't see how moving to a soulless indentikit Australian suburb is any improvement

G
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:38 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I don't doubt you.
I find it even harder to believe that someone who lives in luxury to appreciate what North End has to offer. Perhaps it's the Sunday meat raffle at the Pelham??
There are a couple of great pubs there for a start

G
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

I'm not saying I would want to live there but I really don't see how moving to a soulless indentikit Australian suburb is any improvement

G
Hey, I'm not moving
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

There are a couple of great pubs there for a start

G
Great for people watching
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:46 pm
Bitter and twisted

Hey, I'm not moving
I know

I quite like inner cities....I have worked in some what are considered really rough places...and don't see all the problems people talk about....I used to live in Camberwell and drink in Brixton and Peckham but never felt unsafe.

G
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:51 pm
Account Closed

I know

I quite like inner cities....I have worked in some what are considered really rough places...and don't see all the problems people talk about....I used to live in Camberwell and drink in Brixton and Peckham but never felt unsafe.

G
Did I see you in Peckham?? I lived in Woolwich for a couple of years, used to drink in Peckham from time to time.........Wouldn't do it again!! That's the thing I think - I'm a country gal through & through. Give me a field and a horse anyday
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:56 pm
Bitter and twisted

Did I see you in Peckham?? I lived in Woolwich for a couple of years, used to drink in Peckham from time to time.........Wouldn't do it again!! That's the thing I think - I'm a country gal through & through. Give me a field and a horse anyday
I live amongst fields now ....have done for years in fact.

Not sure about horses though....the ones I back should be kept in a field ... there are a couple in the field next to my house but they are not mine.

I used to knock about with lots of Police officers from Peckham....they really were scary

G
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

I live amongst fields now ....have done for years in fact.

Not sure about horses though....the ones I back should be kept in a field ... there are a couple in the field next to my house but they are not mine.

I used to knock about with lots of Police officers from Peckham....they really were scary

G
Have lot's of horses around.

Did you know any Police Officers from Greenwich?? They were just pissed usually and not very scary!!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:02 pm
Bitter and twisted

Have lot's of horses around.

Did you know any Police Officers from Greenwich?? They were just pissed usually and not very scary!!
Not from Greenwich....we used to go to watch Charlton though

Mate of mine worked at the Military hospital.....I was at the Maudsley.

G
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:03 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
Dare I say it but a lot of foreign workers are employed around that area.
Although I dont live in Portsmouth, my 'foreign' husband has had quite a few comments about 'taking our jobs'.

I had to laugh at someone telling me that they were moving to Oz because of the foreign workers 'nicking jobs' and when this person got to Oz, he was clearly disgusted because he was told by one Aussie to 'go home and stop taking our jobs'.

So I am afraid I just dont get it with the not liking of foreign workers taking jobs because fair enough, perhaps some may work for less and undercut other skilled people but the fault really lies with the employer who is prepared to pay peanuts in the first place.

I do get a touch fed up when people say this about foreigners in the UK. Because English people think absolutely nothing of doing the same when they are abroad.

My foreign husband has worked his nuts off to get where he is and to be honest, if anyone threw that comment at him - he would laugh at them.

Leaving the country because of migrants to become one yourself does not make sense.

Oh yes, I am not a UK basher before anyone jumps on me. I like the UK and just want to try something else.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

Not from Greenwich....we used to go to watch Charlton though

Mate of mine worked at the Military hospital.....I was at the Maudsley.

G
I worked (and lived) at the Brook Hospital & Greenwich GH
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:07 pm
Bitter and twisted

I worked (and lived) at the Brook Hospital & Greenwich GH

Happy days ...I lived on site at the Maudsley....had some great times....especially with the King's college girls

Best go now before the evening shift arrives and tells me how awful the UK really is

Best wishes

G
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

Happy days ...I lived on site at the Maudsley....had some great times....especially with the King's college girls

Best go now before the evening shift arrives and tells me how awful the UK really is

Best wishes

G
Nighty night x
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

portsmouth location gives access to many many places of interest, uk and international. had tools nicked in pompey, had tools nicked in perth. same feeling . . In perth many foreign workers, from uk

go out to have a good time and you will find it, up and coming city.
go out to look for bad points you will find em. i 1min from sea and 100 yards from baffins pond. 10 min from countryside. due to global warming tho i think pompey be gone in 300 yrs. best look for somewhere else to live

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.