How is UK.....Really?

Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of
Default Re: How is UK.....Really?

I'm with Louise.
As for the rest well:
Portsmouth isnt the best place nor the cheapest place. Dare I say it but a lot of foreign workers are employed around that area. Not the prettiest places to be living in either.
UK on the whole is a more wealthy place than most countries, there are good and bad points. What you get in one hand they take it away in the other.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point

Pompey's rough. (No offence to anyone living there) Nicer areas around Chichester
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
I'm with Louise.
As for the rest well:
Portsmouth isnt the best place nor the cheapest place. Dare I say it but a lot of foreign workers are employed around that area. Not the prettiest places to be living in either.
UK on the whole is a more wealthy place than most countries, there are good and bad points. What you get in one hand they take it away in the other.
It's cheaper than most places in the south.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:09 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daisylilymum
Pompey's rough. (No offence to anyone living there) Nicer areas around Chichester
My youngest son has just moved to Cambridge but before that was living in Langstone next to the harbour....that seemed nice enough to me.

G
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
My youngest son has just moved to Cambridge but before that was living in Langstone next to the harbour....that seemed nice enough to me.

G
Trust me, walk around the city centre........rough as........
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:13 pm
Account Closed

G
Mind you every city has it's nice bit's - just not very affordable.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

i think you'll find nearly every city centre worldwide has it's rough areas.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:14 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Before that he was in North End...still not too bad....unless you are paranoid.

G
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

G
I think North End is ok, but I wouldn't want to live there. Depends what you're comparing it to and what your preference is.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

portsmouth isnt very nice and even if you can afford to live in a nice area, you are still going to have to use the rough areas if you wanna shop etc.
Portsmouth reminds me of an old black and white movie where its raining and thundering, grey and dismal. Apart from that its alright
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

G
My car was broken into and the stereo nicked back in 1998 in Bedhampton Road, North End
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:24 pm
Bitter and twisted

I think North End is ok, but I wouldn't want to live there. Depends what you're comparing it to and what your preference is.

I live in the Peak district.

I thought North End a lot nicer than some parts of Sydney, Brisbane or Adelaide....I really can't see why people think some UK towns are that bad.

A lot of places in countries such as Australia leave a lot to be desired.

G
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

I guess thats what it boils down to. What you are used to. Peoples standards are different so what is a luxury to some is an everyday thing to others.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:31 pm
Account Closed

I live in the Peak district.

I thought North End a lot nicer than some parts of Sydney, Brisbane or Adelaide....I really can't see why people think some UK towns are that bad.

A lot of places in countries such as Australia leave a lot to be desired.

G
Really? I don't agree. I think a lot of places in the UK are nicer than places in Oz, but Northend is not one of them. And I am a UK lover
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:33 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
I guess thats what it boils down to. What you are used to. Peoples standards are different so what is a luxury to some is an everyday thing to others.

I can assure you....where I live is luxury to most

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.