Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

How Long to Buy a Car in UK?

How Long to Buy a Car in UK?

Old Sep 28th 2014, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Long to Buy a Car in UK?

Originally Posted by calman014
The answer is UK car tax and EU import taxes.. that's what hikes up the prices in Europe.
Unfortunately that's how it is with everything that comes from elsewhere. iPhone/iPad always comes out more expensive (off contract) in the UK/EU, although the UK prices end up being the same as the US price + tax, which is good. (UK price includes VAT) But the Malta/Italy price comes out at 700-800 Euros for the new iPhone.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Do you mean they look it from photos? What about the actual specs? Engine type/size/performance, top speed, kerb weight, dimensions, capacity, standard kit, etc.? I thought the Fiesta was more of a supermini/hatchback but the others are more like city cars (tiny)?
Yeah they look the same size car from the photos.

The Fiesta ST is a brilliant car and at only £2000 more than the regular one i'd get that one. That one has a bigger engine, 6 speed manual, is more sporty, etc. The normal fiesta, for all purposes, looks the same as the Canadian one.

Originally Posted by quiltman
gozit,
Just checked on Autotrader and a 2 year old, top of the range Fiesta, about 20,000 miles comes out at just over US$12,000. Expensive maybe in your terms but over 50% LESS than a sparkling new one and still with some warranty.A base fiesta, similar age and mileage, seems to be selling for around US$9,000.
No, $12k for a 2 yr old Fiesta with full extras is really good. I'd buy that car

I was talking about the UK fiesta price being more expensive than the US/Canada price. When the Kia picanto is around £8000, why you'd pay almost twice that for a fiesta beats me. But i'm just a young guy who'll drive anything that has a steering wheel and a gearshift
Old Sep 28th 2014, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Yeah they look the same size car from the photos.

The Fiesta ST is a brilliant car and at only £2000 more than the regular one i'd get that one. That one has a bigger engine, 6 speed manual, is more sporty, etc. The normal fiesta, for all purposes, looks the same as the Canadian one.

No, $12k for a 2 yr old Fiesta with full extras is really good. I'd buy that car

I was talking about the UK fiesta price being more expensive than the US/Canada price. When the Kia picanto is around £8000, why you'd pay almost twice that for a fiesta beats me. But i'm just a young guy who'll drive anything that has a steering wheel and a gearshift

no comment!