Reload this Page >

Help needed moving back to England from Saskatchewan

Help needed moving back to England from Saskatchewan

Old Oct 8th 2017, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Baz024 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help needed moving back to England from Saskatchewan

Hi

I'm thinking of moving back to England from Sask, i have been out here over 10 years and have a great job and purchased a house around 3 years ago. But i cant avoid the fact im lonely, ive had relationships but they come and go and its due to being so different. I find i have such different values and ways to most here, making friends is very tough due to it being so clicky.

I am looking at how to move back and not completely screw myself financially, selling my house is going to be tough and will most likely cost me a fortune to do with realtors fees and the market right now. A big part of me is tempted to just walk away from it. But i dont know about walking away from debt here and moving home, could that follow me back somehow?

England has changed i am sure since i was home and my first step in this decision is to go home for a bit and get a feel for it again. But i feel so lonely here that just being with family is going to win me over i am sure.

I wonder does electrical things work at home with this place being 110V i wonder how much i can just replace cords or run transfer boxes for a long time.

I wonder about jobs, i wonder about the state of England with Brexit. my mind races constantly but i feel staying here is putting me in depression and im worried i will waste my life alone.

Has anyone every moved back and what did you do?

Thanks, any advice would be great right now

Barry
Old Oct 8th 2017, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed moving back to England from Saskatchewan

I think you might just fry your electrical equipment if you plug a 110 v item into the 220v socket in the UK!

Have you tried to work out why you are so different from the people you meet? That doesn't seem to be a common problem with Brits in Canada!

I think though, you should really be posting on the UK forum, not the Canadian one.

Maybe a moderator could move the thread for you?
Old Oct 8th 2017, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of electronics is dual-voltage. But that doesn't help if the cable can't be changed: you don't want to be running your house off a bunch of plug adapters.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Saskatchewan has Comfree which I have used twice to sell properties thereby saving realtor fees.
https://comfree.com/sk#savings-calculator
Old Oct 8th 2017, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
Have you tried to work out why you are so different from the people you meet? That doesn't seem to be a common problem with Brits in Canada!
Maybe in Toronto. But Saskatchewan is a conservative province with strong rural values; even many of those who live in the cities grew up on farms and moved later in life.

That's fine for me, because I grew up in the wilds of south-west England, but if you think there's something odd about your neighbour coming round to show off his new SKS, having a dozen guns in his closet, and a spare freezer to hold all the wild animals he shoots, you might not fit in so well.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Baz024 is an unknown quantity at this point

I honestly cant say what it is, its a compilation of many things but i know i dont fit in and lately its been getting harder and harder. So i think i need to go back, i am just now wanting to ensure i do that with out screwing myself too much financially.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 9:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
Maybe a moderator could move the thread for you?
Done!
Old Oct 9th 2017, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!!