Help on arrival homeless

Old Feb 13th 2017, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help on arrival homeless

Originally Posted by not2old
On the basis the OP (or anyone) that arrives in the UK (landing at Heathrow/Gatwick/Manchester), with zero money, no one to meet them, without a mobile phone.... what would you do?

OP, on the basis that you have no family in the UK, have you a network of social media friends in the UK that could offer you short term assistance?

On arrival in a destitute situation see the contact information in my post #19 as a starting point

Others have suggested the YMCA & citizens advice folks, but you'll need to get from the airport to some destination or town to get to a youth hostel, which I believe is not 'totally free', then your life back in the UK begins

Nightshelters and emergency hostels - Shelter England

WHAT WE DO?

https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/rou...t-homelessness

As someone that arrives totally destitute....

According to a web search, folks live or can hang around inside Heathrow for a short time (homeless airport dwellers, for extended stays), but one still needs some money for tea, coffee & snacks, either from hand-outs or trash diving (food that is left on seats or thrown in the trash can).

Homeless Veterans: The hidden homeless who live at Heathrow Airport | London Evening Standard

24 - 36 hours to get things sorted, where should I go, what should I do, I must get to a welfare agency or homeless shelter, I will need access to a phone or internet. I shall then start my life back in the UK with getting to 'citizens advice' folks, hopefully a job, accommodation.

OP, how homeless or destitute will you be arriving back in the UK?

OP-Is there anything you could bring with you to sell on arrival ?
Old Feb 13th 2017, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Saman20177 is an unknown quantity at this point

You started out with a "no racist" comments

People are people, the Salvation army along with all the other shelters is to help the homeless.

If for the reason you are unable to accept the hospitality help from the Salvation Army people because it is Christian organization - then DON'T GO THERE, go to one of my other links for homeless in Manchester.

Why not go instead to the Iranian Association that someone earlier linked, would that be better for you?

Suggest that you contact them before you leave Iran in 2 weeks

Iranian Association

advice & guidance

ADVICE & GUIDANCE – Iranian Association

So do u think www.salvationarmy.org.uk can really help me out????
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Davita
Just because one has a British Citizenship should not make one feel entitled to all those social systems that a previous generation fought hard to achieve.
Instead of thinking 'how to get a council house' think of 'what I can do to deserve a council house'.
In that context getting in touch with the Iranian Association now, while you're still in Iran, seems to be the way. Offer them your recent experience of living in Iran and being imprisoned. I'm sure your information would be useful to them, or they can put you in touch with others who would find your current situation legally useful and be willing to help you for that information.
This might assist you to find your way back to the UK society with dignity...and not arrive as a homeless person.
Your right thats the best way and that how it should be i mean uk isnt a 3rd world country...and im a biritish citizen i should move back to uk society with dignity.but do you think iranian Association Can help i mean im over here right is there way i can contact them?
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

thistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saman20177
https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/homelessness
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:19 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

No.

iranian Association Can help i mean im over here right is there way i can contact them?
contact the Iranian association to see if they can help you

CONTACT US – Iranian Association
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

No.

contact the Iranian association to see if they can help you

CONTACT US – Iranian Association
Ok tank u i wiil send them a email..
But u said salvationarmy can help and now you saying they cant thats whats confusing me right now
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by morpeth
OP-Is there anything you could bring with you to sell on arrival ?
Nooo
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:33 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

But u said salvationarmy can help and now you saying they cant thats whats confusing me right now
I will get help from salvation army as i checked the site it said local church im just gona trun up there hopefully they can help me

I'm confused myself

Last edited by not2old; Feb 13th 2017 at 10:35 am.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:40 am
Dichotomus tinker

Your right thats the best way and that how it should be i mean uk isnt a 3rd world country
You've been away 3 years, I thought everyone knew the UK has become a third world country, didn't you know that?

After all, foreigners including British citizens can no longer go or return to the UK to immediately get free welfare like it was in the past
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

I'm confused myself

Its ok mate my situation is kind of messed up it will have u confused..but the iranian association is in london and i will be areiving at manchester so salvationarmy Wont do anything basically
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

You've been away 3 years, I thought everyone knew the UK has become a third world country, didn't you know that?

After all, foreigners including British citizens can no longer go or return to the UK to immediately get free welfare like it was in the past
Maybe u right but uk im my home i cant be staying here all i want to do when i get there is have even small room so i can go search for jobs and work hard luke rest of people do and get my life sorted.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:54 am
Dichotomus tinker

Its ok mate my situation is kind of messed up it will have u confused..but the iranian association is in london and i will be areiving at manchester so salvationarmy Wont do anything basically
Maybe u right but uk im my home i cant be staying here all i want to do when i get there is have even small room so i can go search for jobs and work hard luke rest of people do and get my life sorted.
Its a sad situation, in fact a totally hopeless situation for you returning to the UK homeless, destitute & with so small amount of money - that's tough, really tough with no place to go or stay, the council can't help you.

Along with the fact that you've told us that you will have no friends, family or contacts in the UK or Manchester that can offer you any help.... that's really really a tough situation to be in.

What are you going to do, will you stay in Iran a while longer or go back to the UK in 2 weeks anyway?
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quiltman
My last comments to the OP.
NO council will give you a flat as a single male.you can apply for the waiting list but that's all.All my previous UK council would do is give you the name of the local homeless hostel!
Do as others say, contact the various agencies given.
As your family are paying for your air ticket, that infers you are not being deported so no help when you arrive. Stay in Iran, abide by their laws, save as much as you can THEN come to UK when you can support yourself for a few weeks whilst you get sorted.
Your current answers only give the impression that you are another "UK is land of milk and honey" person.
Yes, it's sad you've had a bad time, but by your own admission you brought it on yourself so you'll get little sympathy from me.

There, I'm done.
that you are another "UK is land of milk and honey" person.
Thats not the case sir uk is my home i just need help getting back on my feet thats all i mean put ur self in my shoes coming bak and no family no where to go to and cold weather its terrifying
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Its a sad situation, in fact a totally hopeless situation for you returning to the UK homeless, destitute & with so small amount of money - that's tough, really tough with no place to go or stay, the council can't help you.

Along with the fact that you've told us that you will have no friends, family or contacts in the UK or Manchester that can offer you any help.... that's really really a tough situation to be in.

What are you going to do, will you stay in Iran a while longer or go back to the UK in 2 weeks anyway?
No i dont want to stay here its like hell gor me from what i experienced over here i have to come bak to get my life back on track..all the hostels i cheked it said that i should be on benefits which is not entitled to me im so confused
Old Feb 13th 2017, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you consider to find out if there might be a branch in Manchester? Since you have no contacts, friends, family in U.K. acc. to what you claim, why not fly to London? It shouldn't matter where you land in your situation. Or what is your real story? You claim to be a British citizen, lived in U.K. since age 7. Your English is pretty poor for a guy who grew up in U.K. Are you really Iranian?

Last edited by Thairetired2016; Feb 13th 2017 at 11:08 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.